Flushed

in which two smitten exes attempt to get over their extraordinary relationship

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

The aftermath of a breakup is hard to get through.

It's especially hard if the person you broke up with was your best friend.

"Jesus Christ, Mckenzie!" Cole exclaimed. "Are you even listening to me?"

"No." Mckenzie said. "When you start speaking I usually just tune you out."

"I was saying that it's time you got back out there, it's been a while since you and Benny broke up." Cole pointed out, shoving cereal in his mouth.

"Okay, one, we didn't break up. I got dumped." Mckenzie said. "And two, it's been one day! Twenty four hours!"

"So what?" Cole asked. "Don't you wanna embrace your hoeness? Make him eat his heart out?"

Mckenzie smirked. "Now I see how we're related."

"I'll drop Jordan off at school, you just make sure you look incredible so Benny kicks himself for dumping you." Cole said.

Mckenzie smiled. "Thanks Cole. I love you."

"I love you too, Kenz."

-*-

Mckenzie looked under the Morgan's potted plant and found what she was looking for—their spare key. Mr. and Mrs. Morgan told Mckenzie where it was, just in case, and told her she was welcome to use it whenever they weren't home. Mckenzie unlocked the door, and heard Ethan singing in the shower.

I am so clean
Do you know what I mean
My friends are kinda freaky
But it doesn't bother me

"Hey!" He exclaimed. "What happened to the water?" Silence. "Dad?"

"Not Dad." Mckenzie said, making the teenaged boy suddenly very aware of the fact that he was in the shower with his best friend's ex right on the other side of the door. "But I must admit, I absolutely love that song. How much does it cost on iTunes?"

"Shut up, Mckenzie." Ethan said. "What are you even doing here?"

"It's 7 am." Mckenzie said. "We have to go to school."

"Crap." Ethan admitted. "I can't even rinse the soap out of my hair."

"Blow dry it." Mckenzie suggested.

"I have no idea how to do that!" Ethan exclaimed.

Mckenzie smirked. "Lucky for you, you have Mckenzie Dwight on the other side of this bathroom door. Get some clothes on and I'll blow dry it."

"You're a life saver, Kenz."

"Ethan, buddy, we have a situation." An all too familiar voice called out, entering the Morgan residence.