Blood Drive

in which Mckenzie finds out who Bella really is

"Look at this!" Benny said to his friends, walking on the line for the blood drive

"Look at this!" Benny said to his friends, walking on the line for the blood drive. "It's like opening day for Revenge Of The Sith except, minus the Storm Troopers."

"My mom said I should give blood because I have 'special blood'"Ethan said. "I think that's why it should stay exactly where it is, in my veins."

"Dude, she has to say your blood is special, she's your mom." Cole said.

"Anyway, the reason you don't give blood is 'cause you're too scared of the needles ya big chicken." Mckenzie told her friends.

Bella giggled at Mckenzie and Mckenzie smiled. In all honesty, it felt great having a real girl friend. Of course she had Sarah and Erica, but they were 2 grades above Mckenzie. Soon she'd catch up with them, but that's not the point.

"I'm not scared of them." Ethan said. "I just don't like them."

"Yeah." Benny said scoffing. "Just like you don't like the commercial with the big dancing crackers?" Ethan rolled his eyes. "It freaks you out!" Benny exclaimed!

"It does not!" Ethan argued. "I'm just uncomfortable with eating things that dance. I don't see you guys rushing to donate."

"I don't weigh enough." Bella said quietly.

"Okay," Mckenzie said. "You're like, two pounds."

"They can get your whole genetic code from one drop!" Benny yelled. "They can clone me!"

"I wouldn't worry about that if I were you, Benny." Mckenzie said patting his shoulders. "And as for me, I'm donating my time." The head nurse waved her over. "I gotta go, bye!"

Benny's jaw dropped. "Then again, I could stand to lose a pint or two."

"It's creepy." Cole said.

"You could too." Benny told Ethan, disregarding Cole's comment about liking his sister.

"Unless you're too chicken." The boys started making chicken noises while walking around Ethan as Bella stood watching. Believe it or not, Bella actually enjoyed being around Mckenzie's geek squad. And one of them had most definitely caught her eye.

"I'm not a chicken!" Ethan exclaimed. "I'm a hawk! With huge talons! And laser eyes!"
A nurse named Annie pulled a needle out making Ethan weak in the knees. "I just have to...talk to Sarah about something."

"More nurse time for me then." Benny said staring at Mckenzie who was helping someone.

"I'm telling you," Cole said. "It's quite creepy!"

"Hey Sarah." Ethan said.

"What's up." Sarah said, shoving chips in her mouth.

"You okay?" Ethan asked.