Lawn Of The Dead

in which a lovestruck Benny tries to get over the girl he's in love with

"-Anything we want." Benny explained to his two best friends, Mckenzie and Ethan. "Cash, cars, candy."

"So we only use magic spells for stuff that starts with 'c'?" Mckenzie asked, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Once, we were lonely high school noobs, now we're vampire killing, spell casting rockstars." Benny said. "The world is our oyster!"

"Have you ever actually had oysters?" Ethan asked. "Not something you would wanna swallow, more like something you'd wanna cough up."

"Yeah, nice. Nice image to start the day." Benny said, suddenly sidetracked and staring at something. Mckenzie followed his glance and saw Della Winters. Only the girl Mckenzie hated the most. In the second grade, Della had cut off some of Mckenzie's hair with scissors. Mckenzie didn't know how Benny could like Della, especially after hearing Mckenzie drone on and on about how much she hated her guts. "There's the image I need." He turned to Ethan. "I know you're the seer and all, but I can see her with me." He turned to Mckenzie hoping for a reaction from her. That was the only reason he had pretended to like Della, because he knew if she couldn't get jealous about her and Benny, she couldn't get jealous of anyone and Benny. But there was no reaction from Mckenzie, which made Benny's heart sink. Time for Plan B, Mission-Get Over Mckenzie.

"Keep the magic on the down-low, remember?" Ethan said. Ethan wasn't a huge fan of Benny's plan, and made sure Benny was aware of that. Ethan said that if he really liked Mckenzie, he should tell her, but Benny made a good point when he brought up how Ethan liked Sarah and hadn't told her. "Life just got back to normal."

"Would you relax, I got this." Benny said, making a bouquet of flowers appear behind his back and walking towards Della.

"Ugh." Mckenzie scoffed. "Della Winters." She rolled her eyes. "I hate her guts. Out of all the people Benny could choose to like, he chooses her. She's revolting."

"Don't worry, Kenz." Ethan reassured his friend. "He'll come around." Yes, Ethan knew about Mckenzie's crush on Benny. She let it slip that first night Sarah had babysat Jane, when they were talking about crushes, and Mckenzie yelled that she did not like Benny, but Ethan had never said his name.

"I wish he'd come around quicker." Mckenzie said sighing.

"Surprise." Cole said, covering Mckenzie's eyes.

"Hi Cole." She said, not taking her eyes off Benny and Della.

Cole followed his little sister's glance towards her crush, and her sworn enemy. "Is that-"