I Love You

I think the Cubile Animus works as some sort of soul vacuum

I think the Cubile Animus works as some sort of soul vacuum." Ethan said. "Jesse will try to capture 219 souls tonight."
"Then, I don't know, trade them, to bring back all of his followers." Mckenzie said from the backseat.

"Ugh, Soul For Soul, It's so evil!" Sarah yelled. "I can't believe my first kiss was with him." Benny and Mckenzie looked at each other, then at Sarah, then back to what they were doing. Mckenzie was braiding her hair with her telekinesis, and Benny was reading his spell book. 

"He was your first kiss?" Ethan asked Sarah. "But you're...17! I mean, you're so pretty!" Mckenzie and Benny had to hold back their laughter at that.

"Well, I don't know." Sarah said. "I guess I just wanted my first kiss to be memorable."

"Mission accomplished, huh." Ethan said.

"Grandma failed to mention that this book isn't even in English." Benny said. Mckenzie shrugged and kept braiding her hair. Benny saw her braiding her hair at the corner of his eye. "How is that helping?"

"I'm..."She searched her brain for excuses as to why this would be helping. "I'm learning to control my powers, if I can braid my hair fine, then I can control my powers." Benny nodded. "Plus braids look really good in my hair." Benny covered his face with the book to hide his smile, because she was right. Benny thought she looked amazing with braids in her hair, but now was not the time to say so.

"This is it." Sarah said when they got there. "Erica and I waited a whole year for this advanced screening."

"That's really lame." Benny said.

Sarah smiled. "Just read your magic book, dork."

"The bouncer looks like one of them." Ethan said. "You think he recognizes us?"

"It's okay, I know another way in." Sarah reassured them.

Benny took a deep breath and got out of the car. Mckenzie heard his deep breath and slipped her hand into his, which Benny was completely okay with. Ethan pulled at the chains in the back entrance.

"Allow me." Sarah said, and pulled open the door. "Let's get this party started."

"Uh, hey guys?" Benny said, his hand still intertwined with Mckenzie's. "If I'm reading this correctly, apparently there's a spell in here that makes all the vampires, just vanish."

"Perfect!" Ethan said.

"Um...fara bat sententium neophoetus-" Benny's cut off by his spellbook vanishing. Mckenzie bites her lip to hold back her laughter as Ethan and Benny groan in frustration. Ethan walked in the utility room, putting something inside to help them along the way.

"Tonight only: Popcorn with extra garlic butter!" The PA announcer said.

"Hey." The girl at the snack counter said to Benny and Mckenzie. "Can I get you something?"