You Were Guarding The Bushes?

"Remember Halo, Level 3?" Benny asked Ethan, the three of them still running from Sarah

"Remember Halo, Level 3?" Benny asked Ethan, the three of them still running from Sarah. "The battle plan I sent you? Evasive maneuvers." He started hopping. "Alpha phi strike delta six. Engage!"

'What?'Mckenzie mouthed to her other best friend, Ethan. He just shrugged in response. Suddenly Benny hopped over a plant bucket and rolled onto the ground, groaning.

"You missed the pattern." Benny said weakly.

"Sometimes, I just skim your e-mails." Ethan said.

"Fair enough." Benny said. Mckenzie held out a hand to Benny, offering to help him up, and he gladly took it.

"What's your problem?" Sarah said from behind them, causing the three to scream.

"Just, hold on." Mckenzie said. "If you eat us, that would so not be cool."

"If I wanted to eat you, I would've done it by now." Sarah said.

"See?" Benny said. "She's going to eat us! We're doomed!"

"No!" Sarah exclaimed. "I just want to talk to you guys!"

Ethan picked up two sticks and put them in the sign of the cross. "Demon of the night, be gone!"

"Guys, whatever you saw, it's not what it looks like." Sarah explained.

"You're a freaking vampire!" Ethan cried. "Who eats animals and drinks their blood!"

"Okay, so it's kind off, what it looks like." Sarah agreed.

"I'm warning you." Benny said, stepping in front of Mckenzie. "I had garlic bread for lunch, and I am not afraid to use my breath."

"Would you all just shut up!" Sarah exclaimed, clearly frustrated. "I'm just a normal girl, okay?" She sighed. "Or at least I was until my crummy ex-boyfriend bit me." She paused. "I'm technically still a fledgling until I drink human blood which I don't really want to do. I have to figure this thing out before my mortal body dies or at least stop it from happening to more people like Erica."

"So you're sure, this isn't some stupid thing for that Dusk movie?" Benny asked.

"I wish." Sarah said. "Now come on, let's get out of here. I'm not the only one feeding tonight. I'll get you three home and then if I'm lucky, I'll find Erica before it's too late."

-*-

The four teens arrived home shortly after they found out about vampires.

"About time." Jane said as they walked in the door. "I'm so bored. Grandma passed out about 5 songs ago, and she has like, zero boom-boom-pow!" She looked at Sarah hopefully. "Can we please play now?"

"Sorry," Sarah said. "I've gotta go." She turned to the three teens standing in front of her. "Just be careful, okay? And don't tell anyone about...you know."