Chapter 21 - Breakfast Treat

Surprise! I needed a respite from AMACon writing hence this chapter. I think I will make up for the previous chapter's ouchy here, so enjoy it my dears.

And now, must go back to my AMACon cramming, hayyyy. Mas inspired ako to write here, the characters in my other fic do not want to cooperate, I cannot seem to read them. Wish me luck, hahaha.

Enjoy reading :)

They went home heavy-hearted, which Maine's mom noticed immediately. Richard went to his room without any dinner, while Maine went to the café.

"May problema ba anak?"

"Nakita po namin si Mark. Bigla po niya akong niyakap at hinalikan sa pisngi. Parang nagtampo si Sir RJ."

"Boyfriend mo ba ang boss mo? Manliligaw?"

"Hindi po."

"Pero gusto ka niya, nararamdaman ko."

"Nay, tama po bang i-encourage ko si Sir RJ? Boss ko siya eh."

"Bakit, may policy ba sa office niyo na bawal magkarelasyon ang magkatrabaho?"

"Wala naman po. Pero ang yaman po nila, parang nakakailang."

"Gusto mo ba siya?"

She didn't answer. Her mom hugged her close and kissed the top of her head.

"Anak, hindi kita tuturuan kung ano dapat mong gawin. Kung may nararamdaman ka para sa kanya, timbangin mong maigi kung kaya mo tanggapin ang kabuuan ng pagkatao niya, kasama na doon ang pagiging may kaya niya. Kung naiilang ka, problema yan. So alam mo na sagot diba? Wag mong paasahin. Pero ang tanong, kakayanin mo ba na mag-move on siya at lumigaw na sa iba?"

"Nayyyyy....."

"Kita mo, hindi mo din kaya diba? Naku Nicomaine, ayusin mo yan."

She helped her mom close up the café and together they walked back to the house. She saw the light was still open in Richard's room.

"Nay, kausapin ko lang po si Richard ha."

"Ipagpabukas mo na yan anak. Itulog mo na lang muna."

Maine tried to sleep but she couldn't. She kept weighing in her mind over and over if she did anything wrong, if she was being fair with Richard. She finally fell asleep but after only three hours, she was wide awake, unable to go back to sleep. She prepared her things and started getting ready for her trip back to Manila. She wondered how they would travel together if they were not okay.

Hungry, she realized she went to bed without having dinner and worried that Richard also went straight to his room when they arrived. What kind of hosts were they, letting their guest go to bed hungry?

She went out of her room to brew some coffee and heat some rolls. On impulse, she thought of baking some blueberry muffins, to ease her tension. Like her mother, baking did ease her stress and relaxed her. She prepared the ingredients and was putting the last batch of muffins into the oven when she was startled to see Richard already in the kitchen behind her.

"Good morning."

"Good morning, sir. You startled me."

You startled me sa kaguwapuhan mo, grabe so unfair yang #wokeuplikethis look mo. Di mo ko kiniss kagabi, galit kita.

"Do you realize it's only five in the morning? Why are you up this early?"

"Couldn't sleep. Kayo po, why are you up?"