Chapter 54 - Clarity

Hello my dears, thank you so much for the nice reception to my teaser for the new fic! I'm so excited to start writing it and will do so this weekend.  

Pero dito muna tayo sa Girl Friday. For a change, I don't want to end Girl Friday with a wedding scene, let's do it differently, ok? But it will definitely be a happy ending, don't worry. I've also been getting quite a number of requests for a Book Two of Girl Friday, what do you think guys, yay or nay? I will have to think about it, and how the story for Book Two will go, but I'm welcome to your suggestions and prompts, just let me know what you expect, ok? 

Mga five chapters na lang siguro guys, tapos na tayo here. Thank you for taking this journey with me :) 

At her insistence, Richard took her to her own condo, despite his misgivings on the safety of the place. She was shocked with his news that he was leaving the company, and it seemed he had no intention of telling her until the last minute.

She was quiet throughout the trip back to her condo, and she was trying hard not to cry. When did she start being such a crybaby? She used to be a jolly, happy-go-lucky person who could face anything. But maybe Richard was her Kryptonite, he opened up a whole new world for her, a world she discovered was not always very nice to live in. But it was the real world, and it made her stronger, whether she admitted it or not.

He went up with her even when she did not invite him to. She let him go up with her, hoping they could talk clearly about this, without letting sex get in the way.

"Maine......pwede ba tayong mag-usap? Hear me out muna."

"To be honest, parang sana hindi ko na lang muna nalaman. I feel like you're abandoning me."

"Halika nga dito," He pulled her to sit on his lap. She leaned her head on his shoulder, feeling so dejected.

"Baby......huwag ka muna malungkot. Sasabihin ko naman talaga sayo, dapat ngayon na tayong dalawa lang. Ayoko kasi yung nandoon tayo sa inyo tapos nasa akin ang attention mo, dumalaw tayo doon para makita mo rin sila eh."

"That doesn't change anything. Whether now mo sabihin or kahapon, aalis ka pa rin. Iiwan mo ko."

"Teka, lilinawin ko lang na magbibigay lang ako ng notice na magreresign na ko, pero hindi pa rin ako basta makakaalis. Hahanap pa ng papalit sakin, may turnover pa, so I'll be with RRF until mga two months pa siguro. Saka papayag ba naman akong maiwan ka? Susunod ka sa akin. Mauuna lang ako para ayusin lahat."

"San ka ba lilipat?"

"Hindi ko pa pwedeng sabihin sayo. Can you just trust me? Yan ang hiningi mo sakin when I found out about your aborted deal with dad, diba? So ako naman ngayon, just trust me. Wala akong ginagawang kalokohan, everything I'm doing is for us."

"I'll try."

"Maine, if you want, ganito gawin natin. I will be staying till end of May. By then ba tapos na finals mo?"

"Oo tapos na."

"So, puro graduation practice na lang yan and clearances diba? Just stay until graduation. You can tender your resignation ng middle of May tapos if they find a replacement ng maaga, then pwedeng sabay tayo umalis. Ok ba sayo yun?"

"Kelan ko malalaman yung lilipatan natin?"

"Soon. Wala pa akong definite date, pero I just know it will work for us there."

She just looked at him and melted at his gaze. She wanted to be kissed again.

Anong thought balloon mo kanina, girl? Gusto mo mag-usap kayo clearly without sex getting in the way. O tapos, gusto mong magpa-kiss ngayon. So ano na? Hayyy.

"Baby? Ok na tayo, ha? Wag ka na magtampo sakin."

"Kasama ba sa bagong work si Sanya?"

"Nagwo-worry ka pa rin ba sa kanya? Huwag ka na magworry doon, consultant lang siya. By the time I leave RRF, tapos na din involvement niya."

"So hanggang May pa pala ako magwo-worry sa kanya."

"You want me to replace her na lang? Kukuha na lang akong ibang ID if she really bothers you."

"Wag na. Nakakahiya naman, nasimulan na niya yung project tapos papaalisin mo."

"Eh ayokong magwo-worry ka."

"Masasanay rin siguro ako."

"She's not important to me ok? Ikaw. Ikaw ang importante sakin."

He leaned towards her, waiting to be met halfway for a kiss. Unable to resist him, she leans forward and they mouths touch. Automatically, their arms go around each other, and everything unsure and doubtful is blotted out.

He stays with her till she falls asleep. Although they've reached the full level of intimacy, Richard refuses to take advantage of that. They talked about in Batanes, and they agreed the intimacy is not something they should be doing regularly, to make it special between them.

-----

They agreed to schedule their wedding the following year after she had taken her board exam in October. This way they would have ample time to prepare for their wedding and adjust to their new life together.

Maine's fears eased somewhat after she and Richard talked. She had faith in him, she just needed to set aside her insecurities and stop obsessing over Sanya's involvement in whatever Richard was organizing. He said it was for their future and she was going to trust him on that.

The following day, Richard did turn in his resignation and discussed with HR the process for his turnover. People were puzzled, if their relationship was already out in the open, why the need for him to leave the company. Why was he the one leaving instead of Maine? Did they also split up and again, Richard wanted to escape from the pain just like he did with Tania?

It was funny the way people seemed to be walking on eggshells, trying to gauge what was going on between the two of them. Maine was amused with their strange glances at her, wondering why she seemed ok with it all. It became a topic they discussed over dinner together.

"So. Feeling nila iiwan na kita, ganon ba? Ok lang sayo yon?"

"Hayaan mo na sila, hindi naman totoo eh. But you know, I'm beginning to warm up to the idea of leaving the company and working elsewhere."

"Konting tiis na lang, Maine. I promised I'd take care of you and that's exactly what I'm doing. By the way, Dad wants to have dinner with us tomorrow night. Ok lang ba?"

"Of course, pero alam mo, medyo nahihiya pa rin ako."

"Don't be, it's about time you also meet my sister Rizza. Tapos, lapit na holy week. I'm sure you want to spend time with your family. Susunod na lang ako ng Black Saturday, then sa Easter Sunday, mamamanhikan na kami sa inyo."

"Oh my God, is this really happening? I can't believe we're getting married soon."

"Yes, you better believe it. I promise you Maine, I have so many plans for us. And I'm going to reveal them to you soon."

His plans were already taking shape nicely, thanks to all the people he'd been talking to. He would do anything to make her happy, because she asks for so little but gives him so much.