Chapter 18 - Bending the Rules

Good morning my dears, it's really early morning and I couldn't go back to sleep so I decided to update early.  Kumusta na kayo? The days fly by so fast, bukas weekend na ulit! 

I know that some of you want our couple's relationship to progress already into a steadier status but have a little patience, may mga mangyayari pa kasi, plus of course Maine has to graduate first. Warning lang, there may be rough days ahead, pero that's just to make the story more interesting, di rin naman pwedeng puro fluff. 

Despite their agreement to stay on a professional level only, of course feelings will always surface some way or another. Once you feel something for someone, there is no way you can go back to being what you were at the start of your relationship. 

Read on and see how they struggle with keeping feelings at bay. Mahirap magcontrol ng kilig, baka kung saan lumabas yan, hahaha. Have a nice day my dears :) 

Richard and Maine's agreement to maintain their relationship on a professional level was easier for them than they thought. They worked well together despite the feelings they had for each other. They were able to focus on work and help each other out as necessary. But the feelings surfaced one way or another, with an accidental glance or touch, or something they say when conversing. But they were careful not to let anyone see the attraction.

On Maine's fourth month in the company, Richard called her to discuss her evaluation results. She was asked to do a self-evaluation, then validate it with him in a one-on-one discussion. Her evaluation turned out exemplary results. His recommendation to promote her to Technical Assistant was approved, and she would be getting a salary increase plus additional allowances with the upgraded level.

"Maine, sit down. May good news ako sayo. Your promotion has been approved. By November, you will be upgraded to Technical Assistant level. Good job."

He gave her the official document and happily gazed at her surprise. He liked it when she was happy, her face was so transparent, like a child's.

"Sir, thank you po, thank you so much. I couldn't have done this without you."

"Hindi, magaling ka naman talaga. When dad recommended you to be my secretary, medyo nagtaka rin ako bakit junior staff yung inassign niya sakin. But you've justified his decision."

"My pambayad na po ako ng tuition for next sem," She said happily.

"Pero teka, may kailangan tayong pag-usapan, though. Iba na job grade mo, so iba na rin yung responsibilities, level up na. We need to hire a secretary to replace you. Technical Assistant ka na, mas challenging na role yan kasi--"

"Wag na po......."

"Huh?"

"Wag na tayo maghire ng ibang secretary, sir."

"Maine, I'm trying to lessen your workload here. That secretary can also help you with your own workload."

"Kaya ko sir. Kaya ko pagsabayin."

"Junior secretary kunin natin, para man lang yung mga errands na ginagawa mo, may ibang gagawa. Imagine Technical Assistant ka na, ikaw pa rin bibili ng food ko, magdedeposit ng checks--"

"Ayaw! I don't mind the work, sir."

"Yung tutoo, bakit ayaw mong mag-hire ng bago?"

"IIIIIeeeeehhhhhh....."

"Maine? I need to make a decision na. Bakit ayaw mong mag hire."

.......

"Huy......Baby.......Pag di ka sumagot kikiss kita dito."