Broken Collection

Katy lay unconscious in a glass prison. The cuts, the welts and the bruises left by the restraints stood out on her pale skin. A thin white sheet was draped over her bare body. The sheet was stained with blood in some areas as they made contact with the fresh cuts. The prison, was illuminated by spot lights from the ceiling. It stood out in the dim room.

Her eyes fluttered open, a soft groan escaping her lips. Her body ached, and the cuts stung. She sat up slowly, wincing in pain. She took a look at her arms and legs. Her wrists and ankles were bruised from the shackles, and there were cuts and welts all over her body. She glanced around her, and noticed the glass prison she was in. She felt so violated and exposed inside it's brightness. Katy picked up the sheet and wrapped it around her abused body.

She started to sob, the fear and terror of the torture and rape collided with her like a runaway train. She hated herself for not being able to fight back. she hated herself for being weak. She hated that she was still alive. She wished that he had killed her 23 years ago when he had first abducted her.

[...]

Three black SUVs followed by patrol cars, sirens blaring, raced down the road towards the Collector's warehouse. The Collector stood by the window and smiled as he heard the approaching sirens. He pushed a button on a remote in his hand, and announced.

"It is time for the world to see my Broken Showcase."

Shhhhhhhhh. Gas filled the glass prison, and Katy's world spun as she collapsed to the floor.

The BAU agents and the officers got out of their vehicles as they pulled into the front lot of the abandoned warehouse. They raised their guns and entered the warehouse cautiously. They entered deeper into the warehouse where they arrived in an enormous room. Their lights swept the room and they saw multiple glass prisons.

"Welcome." A voice boomed thought the speakers. "Welcome to my Broken Collection."

As the Collector spoke those words, the spot lights flickered on and illuminated the glass prisons. Each prison held an individual. Most of the prisoners were already dead, except for one. The prison right in the middle. It was raised above the rest. A plaque leaned on one of the sides, on it engraved: Broken Butterfly.

As they advanced towards Katy's prison, Hotch and Morgan noticed movements in the shadows and pursed it along with Rossi and Prentiss. J.J and Reid stayed behind to get Katy out of the glass prison.

"Katy!" Reid exclaimed, using his gun shatter the glass around her. He took off his jacket and placed it around her bare body while J.J called for the medics.

"Katy... can you hear me?" Reid asked her, checking her pulse. He turned to J.J, "Her pulse is weak, are the medics on their way?"

J.J nodded as the hurried footsteps of the medics could be heard as the rushed towards Reid and Katy. They placed Katy's unconscious body on the stretcher as loud gunshots echoed throughout the warehouse. Reid and J.J, together with the paramedics exited the building. They found the rest of the team already outside as the paramedics sped off into the night. Not too far from the vehicles lay the lifeless body of Johnathan Colle, the Collector.

[A few weeks later]

Katy stepped out of the elevator. It had been weeks since the Collector incident, and she had just been given the okay to go back to work. She decided to drop by the BAU to thank them once again for ending the collector.

"Katy!" J.J exclaimed as she noticed the familiar figure stepping out of the elevator. Katy smiled and walked towards J.J. She talked with J.J for a while before she was joined by Rossi and Morgan. Katy loved the warm atmosphere at the BAU. The team members were so warm and loving. Unlike her colleagues at the Garden. She would barely call them human at times. She continued chatting with the three agents for a while before she headed to Hotch's office. On her way, she ran into Prentiss who had just left his office. Again, Katy chatted with her for a few moments before making her way into Hotch's office. She closed the door behind her, and emerged a while later after talking with him. She thanked him once again for the Collector case and was on her way back to her own office two floors up.

As she stood waiting for the elevator, Reid noticed her as he was entering the office. "Katy?"

She turned to see the genius behind her, "Hey Reid." She smiled.

"How have you been since then? Its been a while."

"I've been doing pretty well. I'm really glad he's finally gone." Her voice filled with relief.

"Hey...Um..do you maybe want to go grab a coffee?" Reid asked, his voice filled with awkwardness.

Katy smiled. "I would love to Reid. But I'm headed up to grab some stuff before I head off on an assignment. I don't know where or how long, but we could do it when I get back from it?"

"Another classified assignment?"

"Yeah. They are so ruthless. I get assigned this the moment I get back." Katy rolled her eyes, making Reid laugh at her gesture. "Ah.. hang on." Katy rummaged though her purse and pulled out a piece of paper and a pen. She scribbled something down on it and handed it to Reid.

"Here's a way to contact me while I'm on my assignment. I'm sure you can figure it out." She smiled as the stepped into the elevator. She waved to him as the doors closed, closing one chapter between the pair.

He looked down at the paper, a number code was scribbled onto the paper. He smiled and put the paper into his pocket and went back into the office.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

"Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls. The most massive characters are seared with scars." 

—Khalil Gibran

P.S: I DO NOT OWN CRIMINAL MINDS