Chapter Twenty

Adrian's POV

On our way to the ER I had Keith call Alice and Luke.
"They said that they're on their way." Keith said as he set my phone in the cup holder, "I hung up on Alice though. She was yelling a lot."
I chuckled, "Yeah. If you mention anything that has to do with Blake she's yelling."

We pulled into the parking lot of the ER and hurried in. Keith went to check in as I helped Marcus sit down in the faded blue chairs of the waiting room that smelled of antiseptic and bandaids.
"Thank you, for what you did." I sad quietly.
"I had to do something, it looked like he wanted to kill Keith. And you." Marcus replied with a small smile, that soon turned into a wince.
I looked sideways at Marcus, "...you called me your boyfriend..."
He blushed, "Yeah, I did." He adjusted the towel that was keeping his nose from dripping everywhere, "I hope that didn't upset you..."
"Upset me? Why would that upset me?"
"I don't know, I haven't even asked you out on a date yet, I don't want you to think I'm moving too fast or anything. I was actually going to ask you out at the mall, but you were too caught up in the whole Keith thing that I didn't want to bother or annoy you."
"You could never annoy me," I shook my head, "I could listen to you talk for hours."
"Oh...Well-."
"Marcus?!" The nurse called from the door.
I quickly stood up so she would know that we heard her. After helping Marcus up we hobbled over to her, Keith following behind.
"I'm guessing Marcus is the one that's bleeding." The nurse joked. She was a good looking woman, everything about her was small, and blonde hair that seriously needed a trim.
I chuckled dryly, "Yep, he got in a fight and I think his nose is broken."
The nurse nodded and made a note on her clipboard with her abnormally small hands, "You're room is right here."
"Thank you," Keith said.
She nodded and closed the door once we were all in the room. Marcus sat on the examination table whereas Keith and I took the blue chairs, although not as faded as those in the main waiting room.

"His nose is definitely broken, as well as two of his fingers." Said the doctor, Dr.Larson. He was an extremely tall man, bald, and very skinny. "we've already set his nose and wrapped his fingers, he'll need to come back in a few weeks so we can make sure everything is healing correctly, but all in all everything seems fine. You're free to go, Marcus."
"Thank you, Dr.Larson." Marcus said as he shook the tall mans hand.

We made our way to the waiting room, where we saw Luke and Alice. As soon as they saw us they jumped up and hurried in our direction.
"Thank god you're all okay!" Alice announced as she pulled me into a tight hug. "I was afraid that Blake might have killed you, Marcus."
"Nope, I'm not dead. Just a few broken bones."
"Dang, I wanted to plan a funeral," whined Luke as he pulled Marcus in for a gentle hug.
We all laughed and made our way out of the ER, Alice and Luke took Alice's car whereas Marcus, Keith, and I took mine. We all decided to meet at my apartment to order a pizza and have a relaxing movie night. The drive home was pretty uneventful, we just listened to the radio.

When I walked into my apartment I was shocked to see Alice and Luke sitting on the couch. I wasn't shocked that Alice go in, I knew she had a key. The shocking part was that they were kissing, intensely. Alright, I guess it wasn't TOO shocking. We all knew how Luke felt about Alice, even if he never actually told us.
"AH-HEM." Marcus roughly cleared his throat to announce to the passionate couple that we were now in the same room as them.
The couple jumped up, Luke stumbling over the rug in the process. Their faces were beet red.
"Well this is a nice...surprise." I said as I crossed my arms. "We couldn't have had a little warning or something?"
"I'm so sorry Adrian, it just-happened-I guess." Alice pleaded.
She thinks I'm actually mad. I thought.
"Honestly, I'm shocked." I said with a disappointed expression falsely plastered on my face. "I thought you had stopped being a ho, Alice." I shook my head with a fake sigh.
"Bitch, where!?" Alice hissed shrilly, "I was never, and will never be, a ho."
I covered my mouth with my hand to stop myself from laughing, but Keith didn't even try. He busted out laughing, gasping for breath. Then Marcus started laughing. At this point I couldn't stop myself, I laughed too.
"Alice, honey." I said once I had my breath back, "I was just kidding!"
"You bitch." She grumbled as she plopped back down on the couch. Luke slowly sitting down next to her.
"Nuh uh, hell no." I scolded as I waltzed over to the couch, "make room." I placed myself between the two. "This relationship can actually end in someone becoming pregnant, no one wants that right now."
Marcus decided to make himself comfortable sitting on the floor and leaning against my legs, after he resumed X-Men, while Keith took the chair that was next to the couch.
"We aren't going to do anything!" Alice exclaimed, "Gosh, Adrian!"
In reply I just rolled my eyes, "Alice, I know you, probably better than you know yourself. When you really like someone you tend to disregard the boundaries."
"Whatever Adrian, I know you're right, but still."
"And I have a feeling that Luke is the same way," I added.
Marcus snorted from the floor, "Damn right."
"Hey!" Luke defended, "I know the boundaries!"
"Mmhmm, right." Said Marcus, "just like how I know how to fly."