Eat, Sleep, Howl, Repeat

It has been two weeks since the last full moon and my curse having been broken. As I sit watching Vincent making all the preparations needed for my rebirth at the next rising I get bored quite quickly. I nod to Vincent and let him know I am going for a walk. I walk out the back of the church and lay down on the pavement. I look up to the blue sky. I wonder, if I had to stay like this forever how would I live? All I do now is eat, sleep, howl and repeat. Could I be contempt with that for the rest of my life? No. 

I look back to the church and rest my head, I wake up to Klaus stroking my fur and talking to his siblings. I raise my head slowly as to not frighten them. I look Klaus in the eyes and nod. I sit up and brush myself against him, 'Let me go to them' I say. Klaus nods and releases me from his grasp. I walk slowly up to Rebekah, I look to Klaus and tell him to tell her 'I miss her and I can't wait to go clothes shopping once this is over.' Rebekah bends down and hugs me, she then stands up and de-fluffs herself. I walk over to Elijah and brush up against his suit trousers to his immediate annoyance and I walk up to Kol. He bends down and hugs me. 'Miss you too sis!'He says as he releases me. 'This will all be over soon and you'll go back to normal and we can have some fun!' I nod with a tear escaping from one eye. I nod towards each of them and head back inside to Vincent.

'How is the spell going?' I ask, 'Not too badly Alex, I am working as fast as I can. I know we are on a tight deadline but we'll make it' He replies whist focusing on my mum's grimoire. I fall asleep listening to his chanting. I wake up on the floor still. I notice no one around. I decide to look around the floor and see what he was concentrating on. When I was younger I used to read my mums spell book for fun, that's when I summoned my dad back.

When I was 15 I was out of control, I went to parties every weekend, I drank, smoked, I didn't care whether it was a full moon out or not. Hanging about with kids with magical powers and nature, never fazed me. It was fun. We were the best crew ever, we had each others backs. One party I was at, on the other side of the marina, me and Jason were sitting on the dock, watching the moon. I told him I loved him and he told me that too. He was the notorious bad boy, school jock. Human. I fell in love with him when everyone told me that we were wrong together. He pushed himself closer to me and we kissed. One thing led to another and we were having sex in the old boat shed. Once we finished he left me, high and, well, not exactly dry. He walked straight away from me. I cleaned myself up and ran after him. Screaming down the harbor Jason was walking to the other end. Blinded by rejection and hate I transformed myself willingly and ran him down, I tore open his body not caring for anyone or anything that stood in my way, my dad heard me and ran to me. He saw me tearing Jason to shreds and tried to pull me off, I ended up biting him badly, his legs, arms and stomach were almost torn apart too. Once he too laid there lifeless I transformed back into myself and saw what I had done, I found dad's phone in his pocket and called mum, I threw up my guts all over the grass. Mum was able to stabilize dad, but Jason 'sadly' died. As dad was recovering in hospital he had a stroke which left him fully brain dead. Mum pulled the plug and we let him go. Before he fully left I summoned him and asked for forgiveness. He told me  'Sweetheart, as long as you live a long and full life, it doesn't matter what happens to me. I forgive you for your own feelings of guilt. I know what I signed up for having a child with your mother, I have never regretted a single day, you have grown to be such a beautiful, caring and peaceful young woman that I am proud to call my daughter, I love you endlessly.' I cried in his arms and let him go.

The spells of old are traditionally kept within a close family circle, meaning that Vincent must be a very well trusted person to my mum.  I fall asleep remembering all the amazing memories with my mum.

The sun starts to rise as I wake up, still sad I decide to stretch and make my way to the garden. As I open the door I notice a cat. It may seem like a strange nature I have, but I have always loved cats, calm, docile, attention seeking - sounds like me. As a wolf, it means that to most animals they stay away from me, that was until I rescued a small pearl white kitten from a drain outside my house, I named her Seraphina, she always stayed close by to me and walked with me to, and home from school. The cat stretches and notices me. I walk slowly up to it and out stretch my paw. The cat nods and walks towards me. I notice its emerald green eyes and it notices mine. I smile and try to hug the cat, we curl up together enjoying each others company after so long apart.

Klaus stands next to us as I let her go. She decides to stay close to me and Klaus has no idea why. 'Why is that cat so close to you?' He asks with a puzzled expression. 'Klaus this is Seraphina, she's my cat, I had her just before I started Medical school. I never saw her since I left for Mystic Falls.' I say quietly. Vincent rushes past us and goes back to work on the spells. 

Vincent shouts through 'I've done it, the spell and ritual are ready for the full moon!' He sounds excited as we all walk through, Klaus, Seraphina and I. 'Are you ready to become human again?' Klaus asks.