Gentle (Oda x Reader)

Edited

~~~

You woke up, stretching your arms before sitting up. The light beamed on your face in between the window curtains.

The birds chirping from the outside of your room. You smiled and got up from bed, walking towards the bathroom, getting ready to start a new, fresh day.

It was a nice day to see him.

The bell rang as you entered the small cafe, gaining the attention of some workers. You were greeted with the fresh smell of food and coffee. It was early in the morning, so the store was filled with a few individuals.

It was a cafe you frequently visited, the small shop had delicious coffee and a variety of books to read for free. It made you feel happy, considering that you loved reading and writing. It made you feel calm whenever you did it.

You shot a glance at the red haired man that came inside. He brought his left hand out of his pocket to grab the book that was sticking out of the bookshelf.

He sat down on an empty chair and ordered a cup of coffee to go with his breakfast, flipping through the pages of the books content, stopping at a certain page to continue reading where he stopped.

It wasn't the first time you've seen that man before. You've seen him a couple of times already and somehow he's caught your attention. Sometimes, you felt like you wanted to approach him, and get to know him, but you were a shy girl.

You weren't used to communicating with strangers, so it made it hard for you to meet friends.

He noticed you, his eyes averting away from the book to look at you for a quick second. Wondering why you had been staring at him for a long period of time."Do you need anything,miss?" He asked politely.

You could feel your cheeks heat up a little in embarrassment, you didn't expect him to notice you and it was embarrassing.

You looked down on the book he was reading, you knew the author of the book. "Hmm, Natsume Souseki? He's a great author.."

"I agree. My name is Oda, Oda Sakunosuke and you are?"

You smiled and introduced yourself as well,"I'm (F/n) (L/n), nice to meet you."

***

Months passed and you became friends with Oda, it made you feel happy to have him by your side. You always found yourself enjoying his company. You even started to like him.

Oda didn't tell you this. He never even tried to bring it up, but he had a secret, it was about himself.

He was a member of the Port Mafia.

He's killed too many people.

He doesn't have the right to become a writer.

He doesn't have the right to be near you.

He was scared that you'd fear him and he will lose you.

He knew that you were from the Agency and that if you stayed by his side much longer. You could be the Port Mafias target. After all the two were both conflicting organizations, but the difference was that the members of the Port Mafia were dangerous.

The thing that worried him the most was that if they found out he's been hanging out with you, they could hurt you or worse, you could get killed.

"I'm going out, Dazai." Oda said, while putting on his coat and making his way towards the door.

"Are you going to see her again?" Dazai asked his friend before he could leave.

Oda mumbled a silent 'yes' as he started to tense up a little. He didn't know why.

So far, Dazai is the only person who knew about your job. He promised Oda that he wouldn't tell anyone about it and he knew that he could trust Dazai.

"Odasaku, I'm sure your aware of your reputation. Have you told her? You do know what happens if you keep seeing her." Dazai reminded.

"I know that."

"And that's why.."

Dazai raised a brow, "that's why?"

"I'll cut ties with her."

~~~

"What did you want to talk about, Sakunosuke?" You asked, looking up at the taller male as his head hung low.

"(F/n)...I can't see you anymore.."

"W-Why..?"

"I'm from the Mafia."

"You mean the dangerous civilization?!"

"Yes. if I continue to see you, then they might hurt you.."

You were surprised at his confession, staying silent for a moment as you came closer to him, hugging the male tightly.

He was stunned, "(F/n)-"

"I don't care. I love you, Sakunosuke." You whispered. To your surprise, he hugs you back tightly.

"I love you too, but..."

"We will find a way together." You assured him and smiled.

He pressed his lips against your forehead and you simply closed your eyes. Loving the way his lips felt against your skin.

You looked up to look at him, his eyes met yours. He smiled and it was a rare sight that happened once in a while.

He had a nice smile.

Whats wrong?"He asked.

"No, it's just that you don't usually smile. So why now?"

"Maybe..it's because I'm with you." You felt him kiss your cheek, he trailed his lips down to your neck leaving small kisses.

"You're so gentle.." You giggled softly.

"Am I?"

"Yes."

"(F/n), I love you."

I love you too

"Don't leave me, Sakunosuke."

I won't leave you

"You promise?"

I promise

You smiled and caressed his cheek sweetly.

"Thank you."

~~~