Irreplaceable (Dazai x Reader)

Edited

~~~

Sitting and drinking his tea, Dazai did his daily routine while watching a young couple kissing and hugging, shooting pain right down his heart.

He was dying in the inside, whenever he saw a couple, it can't help but let it remind him of a special person he once knew. But tried so hard not to remember what happened back then.

"Are you okay, Dazai-san?" Atsushi asked.

Dazai turned to Atsushi giving him a stupid smile.

"I'm okay. Why would you think I'm not, Atsushi-kun?!" Dazai put on a poker face and patted his subordinates back, assuring him that everything is fine.

"Still, are you really okay?" Kunikida asked, actually worried about him.

"I'm okay." Dazai was still smiling, as if everything was okay.

~~~

Dazai decided to go home early,telling his boss that he felt sick. Which was obviously an excuse but nonetheless he allowed.

He dropped his belongings on one spot, removing his sandy colored trench coat and putting it on the coat stand.

Making his way to his bed room, Dazai lied down on the soft, comfy mattress and closed his eyes, letting out a tired sigh.

Whenever he closed his eyes, he could still remember. The scene that still haunts him even now.

"I don't think I'm going to make it, Dazai..." You muttered.

"No, don't say that...You're going to make it..."

It was so easy to say, but there was no chance that you were going to live, you had been shot multiple times.

Dazai cradled your injured form, not caring if the blood will taint his clothes.

He knew that dangerous organization would get back at the armed detective agency but he never knew it would be like this.

Your bloodied hand caressed his cheek, trying to calm him down and tell him that you were here, you would never leave him.

Dazai held you cold hands,cursing himself for not coming sooner and for not having the strength to protect you.

"Dazai, it's okay.I-I know that once I'm gone. It won't be to long till you find someone else. Y-your g-going to...forget..a-all about m-me..." Your voice was shaky.

Why was Dazai so blind?

You were the one for him but why couldn't he see it?

Why did he just realize now?

"You're wrong.You're the only one for me. No one in this world can replace you." Tears trickled down Dazai's face.

It wasn't a dream.

You smiled. Feeling happy that the feelings were mutual, you felt a tear escaping from your eyes, but you just felt very happy and sad at the same time. You wanted to spend more time with him.

"I love you...(F-F/n).." Dazai confessed.

"I'm glad...I-I l-love you to..D-Dazai.."You were still smiling, but your expression was quickly losing color.

"Thank you for everything, Dazai.." You finally said, before losing oxygen.

"(F/n)..?" Dazai shakes you a little, desperately trying to wake you up or at least hear a response.

Nothing was heard.

Dazai's eyes shot open, feeling that familiar loneliness fill him once again.

He could find someone else if he wanted to but he didn't.

Because no one can replace you.