xxii.

IT WAS MORNINGS LIKE THIS that made Violet wish that her and Klaus had left like they planned to

As much as the short blonde girl tried to ignore the facts, she was still only 17 years old, and she still had to go to school. No matter how much she just wanted to stay, warm and cozy in the familiar arms of her soulmate as they woke up together, she was still forced to wake up in the morning and get ready for high school.

The alarm she had set blared in both the soulmates ears, earning groans from both of them.

"Turn it off." Klaus grumbled in Violet's ear, only receiving a grunt as she randomly threw her arm out in attempt to hit the stop button on her phone.

But of course, she was unsuccessful and only ended up knocking her phone to the ground as the alarm proceeded to sound through their shared bedroom.

Violet sighed in defeat, peeling her soulmates arm from her waist and then, much to her dismay, the covers as well. Klaus let out a noise of disapproval as she sat up, his large hand grasping her wrist as a sign that he didn't want her to leave.

The blonde let out a tired chuckled, grabbing the hand that grabbed her and bringing it up to her lips to press a small kiss on his knuckles. "I need to get ready." She told the tired hybrid.

His eyes were closed but Violet had no doubt that they were rolling under his eyelids. "Why do you even need to go?" Klaus questioned, his voice deeper and raspier than usual due to it being early in the morning.

"We've had this talk before. I need to graduate and with the amount of school I've missed these last couple of years, I'm surprised I'm still even able to get my diploma." She replied. Before he could respond, the petite blonde stood from the bed and headed for the bathroom, calling out over her shoulder to her soulmate.

"If you go make me some waffles I'll consider staying!"

Klaus did end up making Violet some delicious blueberry waffles, but she still went to school anyway, laughing as she left their mansion at the grumbles that left her soulmates lips.

But as she spotted Elena walking down the hallway towards her, Bonnie and Caroline, she slightly regretted her decision.

"Elena, hey. Is everything okay?" Bonnie asked gently, looking at her friend in concern.

Elena looked startled as she glanced in between the three girls. "Yeah. Why wouldn't it be?"

"Well, Caroline told me you had to move out to stay away from Jeremy." Bonnie softly replied as if the words would make the doppelgänger break down on the spot.