xxi.

WHEN VIOLET AND KLAUS ARRIVED BACK IN MYSTIC FALLS, neither of them were expecting the avalanche of things that had gone wrong in the 24 hours that they were gone

The biggest problem though, was that Connor, the almighty hunter that was part of the Brotherhood of the Five, was killed by none other than Elena Gilbert. After her soulmate had explained the aftermath that would occur to the newborn vampire, Violet felt slightly bad. But at the same time, when did something happen that didn't involve Elena and her 'struggles'?

It was safe to say that both of them were irritated to be thrown back into the chaos after such a relaxing mini vacation. But at this point, it was a given when you lived in Mystic Falls.

Apparently one of the hybrids had also been killed, which resulting in the rest of them 'paying their respects' and drinking almost every ounce of booze located in the Lockwood Mansion.

"Well, don't let me interrupt." Klaus said as he and Violet came up behind Tyler. The petite blonde narrowed her eyes at the brunette standing in front of her former friend when she pulled her thumb from mouth and stared innocently back at the couple.

Tyler turned on his heel and glared at the Original. "I didn't know you were here."

Klaus leaned into Tyler face, growling, "Clearly."

The oldest hybrid took a swig from the bottle of scotch he held in the hand that wasn't intertwined with Violets. "I just popped 'round to celebrate Dean's successful retrieval of the vampire hunter." He smiled sarcastically. "Yet when I arrived, I learnt that not only was Dean unsuccessful, but that Elena killed the hunter."

Hayley glared daggers at Klaus and Violet could feel a rage begin to bubble up in her. "Well, maybe if you had let Dean use force on Connor instead of sending him in on a suicide mission." The female werewolf spat.

Before the hybrid could counter, Violet snapped at her. "Maybe you should mind your business, wolf girl."

Hayley took a threatening step forward, growling when all Violet did was raise an eyebrow. The human was done taking bullshit from supernatural creatures, especially not some random wolf that came sauntering in like she new about everything that was going on.

Tyler placed a hand in front of Hayley to keep
her from potentially attacking. "What do you care if Connor's dead anyway?"

"I have my reasons." Klaus replied. "They've ceased to matter. Cheers." Klaus raises the bottle of alcohol and takes a drink. A knock sounds from the front door in the next room, and when Tyler answers it, Caroline stomps in with a large cardboard box.