xiv.

VIOLET TOOK A SMALL SIP OF HER ALCOHOLIC DRINK, mentally contemplating whether or not to show up at school

VIOLET TOOK A SMALL SIP OF HER ALCOHOLIC DRINK, mentally contemplating whether or not to show up at school. She was already late, so there was really no point in her mind. Yeah

But it was also Carolines birthday. Though with how rocky things had been between Violet and the group of friends, she doubted that anyone would really want her there.

The human watched silently as Klaus closed the lid to the coffin that held his incapacitated sister. "Sweet dreams, Rebekah." The Original whispered.

One of Klaus' hybrids, Mindy, approached them. "Show her to her room, would you, love?" The woman complied, rolling the coffin down the hall to one of the rooms, leaving Klaus and Violet.

Noticing his soulmates thoughtful look, the hybrid sighed. "You know, I won't be upset if you go to school. It's your best friends birthday. You should go celebrate with them."

Violet just scoffed quietly and quickly gulped down the rest of her drink. "Things between all of us are different now. They call it 'siding with the enemy'. I call it 'not wanting my soulmate to die'. They just don't seem to get that."

"Not everyone can overlook all of the terrible things I've done like you can." Klaus spoke as his blue eyes locked with her hazel ones. The blonde shook her head. "But that's the thing! I'm overlooking everything you've done, just like Elena can overlook everything that Damon and Stefan have done. I mean, Stefan was a ripper, for gods sake! He's murdered thousands of people and she ignored it just like I am. It's a bit hypocritical if you ask me." She rambled. "Besides, I'm starting to feel a little tipsy so it's probably best not to go to school."

Klaus opened his mouth to reply to her but a sudden presence caused him to smirk. "Speak of the Devil. I'm surprised your still in town." Violet turned her head and spotted Stefan leaning against the doorway across from them. "I gave you your freedom. You could have gone anywhere."

The younger vampire shrugged nonchalantly. "I live here, Klaus."

Violet rolled her eyes, having had enough with the Salvatore brothers to last the rest of her life. "Well, if you're playing that game, then he was here first." She cut it.

Stefan only smirked. "Careful, Violet. This new found confidence of yours is going to get you hurt one day. Especially around him." He spoke, pointing to the hybrid who was watching the exchange warily.

She narrowed her eyes at him. "Oh, you don't have to worry about that. I've already been hurt. Except, it was you, Elena, and Damon who caused it and Nik was the one who helped me." She retorted.

The youngest Salvatore clenched his jaw, ignoring her words and turning to Klaus. "You know, I don't like your hybrids. They're everywhere. Kinda like fleas. I want them gone."