i.

THE TEENAGER STOOD IN HER ROOM, pacing back and forth, not being able to sit still due to her worry for her close friend Elena

Since she had been told by Stefan that Elena was kidnapped she hadn't been able to keep herself from thinking of every negative possibility. It was no secret to the group of friends what Stefan and his brother Damon were. So knowing that whoever had taken Elena could very well be a vampire as well, just added to the fear that had been piling up.

And after a few hours, Violet received a text from Stefan informing her that they retrieved Elena. Violet by far was the most worried for Elena, having been friends since they were toddlers so it was only logical for her to be the first to know when they saved Elena.

As soon as she was told that Elena was ok she immediately called the brunette and requested to go see her. Elena agreed and soon Violet was sitting in Elena's room as she explained what all had happened.

"So start from the beginning. Why did they take you in the first place?" Violet asked curiously.

"They said for the last 500 years they've been running from this group of Vampires called The Originals. The first ever family of vampires ever. The man that was their, Trevor, apparently pissed them off by trusting and helping Katherine-"

"It's always Katherine isn't it?" The blonde girl mumbled, annoyed that Stefan's bitchy vampire ex girlfriend seemed to be the root of their problems.

Elena cracked a smile and continued with the story. "There's the sun and then moon curse, and the moonstone doesn't break the curse but only binds it. A sacrifice is what breaks the curse."

Violets eyebrows furrowed. "What's being sacrificed?"

"The doppelgänger. I'm the doppelgänger. So in order to break the curse, I have to die." The blondes eyes widened and she felt some of the fear from earlier that day return.

"So what do we do?" Violet asked after a moment of silence.

Elena shrugged. "Right now we just wait. All we know right now is that The Originals want me so they can break the sun and the moon curse. But I want to know more, who exactly wants me."

Violet let out a deep breath and neither of the girls talked for a bit. After a while they decided to change the subject, not wanting to dwell anymore on who wants Elena dead and why. When Elena complained that she was feeling a bit exhausted after everything, they both decided to just relax and the brunette allowed her friend to stay there for the night.

     When morning came, Elena received a call from Stefan requesting for her and Violet-once he found out she was there-to come to the boarding house, not saying anything else other than that the matter was important.