v.

TRIGGER WARNING: ABUSE

   "SO WHAT'S GOING WITH YOU AND ALARIC? I feel like there's some tension

"SO WHAT'S GOING WITH YOU AND ALARIC? I feel like there's some tension." The news reporter asked Jenna. The two of them along with Violet were setting the table for the dinner party Damon was hosting.

Violet tried to best to get out of it but Damon wasn't hearing and it didn't help that Elijah himself was insisting that she go, so, here she was.

"I don't know." Jenna replied. "I really like him. It's more than like, and I want it to work, but I can't help but feel like he's hiding something from me."

The blonde teenager swallowed thickly as guilt overtook her. There was so much she wished she could tell people and hearing that those secrets were making Jenna doubt her relationship with Alaric, only made her feel worse.

"And then I've got John whispering things in my ear about him." The strawberry blonde added. "Like what?" Andie asked.

"Things I don't want to believe. Things I don't believe, not if they're coming from John's mouth."

Andie smiled. "Oh well, there you go then. Trust is the key to any relationship. I mean, I am so grateful that Damon tells me everything."

The subject was dropped and Jenna looked over at Violet. "You're quiet. Something on your mind?"

Violet looked up at the young adult and smiled, shaking her head. "No, nothing I just feel a bit weird being the only teenager here. I mean, you're all adults and I'm 17 so I guess I feel out of place."

"Don't worry about it. I mean I've known you for the longest time, since you were a kid, and you've always been too mature for your own good." She reassured her. "Besides, compared to Damon's level of maturity, you have nothing to worry about." Jenna added, chuckled erupting from the girls.

A few minutes passed as they continued to put out plates and napkins, Andie and Violet leaving to tell Alaric to help Jenna with the wine so the couple could have some time together.

Andie walked into the parlor, Violet following a few steps behind. "Hey, Jenna needs help with the wine." The adult spoke towards Alaric.

The man gave Damon a look before making his way out of the room. The females watched curiously as Damon walked across the room, opening a box and taking out something wrapped in an ivory colored cloth.

"What's that?" The news reporter asked, referring to the silver dagger that Damon had pulled out.

"Desert." The vampire joked with a smirk, making Violet roll her eyes. "Elijah's stronger than me. He's faster than me. It's all about the element of surprise."