Chapter 12- 'Well done Mia, you beat the crap out of an old guy.'

Start from the beginning

We had been seeing how this thing goes for about 2 weeks now and to be honest it was going great. He was everything that I wanted from a guy I would be in a relationship with. He was having the classic case of ‘you don’t know what you have until it’s gone’ because right now he seemed like he was trying to make up for everything that happened between us. He was caring, funny, attentive, loving. Overall he was great.

So why wasn’t I feeling it?

I mean I was happy don’t get me wrong, but I wasn’t like I thought I would be. I thought after a while I would gradually begin to feel all the things I felt for Garry again, but right now I just felt like I was going with it. Like it was something to pass the time. I put it down to me still not having gotten over the fact he split up with me all those months ago. That had to be it.

I walked back into the living room, the big smile plastered on my lips as I caught Garry’s eyes. His face lit up instantly as he saw me, taking me beer from my hand.

“Thank you.” He said, placing a small kiss on my lips to show his gratitude. He took a swig of the beer and placed it on the side of the pool table before taking his shot.

I stood there waiting, both hands around my pool cue as I tried to pay attention to the game we were playing.

Without meaning to, my eyes went to the double doors and landed on Drake.

He was sat on a sun lounger laughing with the guys about something. From the look on his face mere minutes ago when he got off the phone, I knew Drake wasn’t in a laughing mood.

But the boy had the same idea as me.

He was putting on an act because it was easier than facing what’s actually bothering you.

--

“Why do you always pick that wrinkly old douchebag?” I laugh as I point at the screen.

“The dudes like 60 and he’s still beating up guys half his age. He’s a hero.” Garry explained, serious pride coming out of his voice as he waited for me to pick a character.

We were currently playing Tekken, which by the way is probably one of the greatest games ever created. And I don’t mean the Tekken on the Xbox or PSP or any of that other crap, I'm talking about the old school Tekken you play on the PlayStation 2. That’s where the real games at.

Garry has chosen Heihachi, the old guy, as his character like he has since we started playing over an hour ago.

I decided to choose Jin. My reason?

For a fictional cartoon character, he was pretty hot.

“Why are you choosing him?” Garry questions in confusion.

“He has some really good combos.” I lie, holding back a smile as I think of the real reason.

Garry nods not even questioning my motive. My smile breaks through at this as the countdown begins, Jin as always topless. If I was a little controllable character on the screen, I would so totally take Jin to my dungeon and show him some of my combos.

I need to stop hanging around with guys. It’s brushing off on me.

We were both sat on the floor of my room leaning back on bean bags in front of the telly, controls in hand ready to battle.

As soon as the narrator guy with the really cool voice announces fight, both of us began to press the buttons on the controls like our lives depended on it. Well technically, our player’s lives really did depend on it.

I’ll fight for you Jin!

After a few pretty amazing kicks to the face I delivered to the old dude, the narrator guy announces K.O. telling me I won.