Chapter 18

Chapter 18

 (Edited)

David

I walked thru the woods trying to find out where the Wicked Witches place was but so far didn't find anything. As I walked I heard something behind me and saw in the corner of my eyes something move. I turned around but only saw something quickly hide behind a tree. I took out my phone and dialed Emma's phone, but it went straight to voicemail “you have reached Emma Swan of Big Apple Bail Bonds, leave a message and I'll call you back” said Emma's voice. “Emma, it's David I'm at the trailhead and I think I found her, the Wicked Witch, I'm going after her” I said into the phone and hung up bringing out my sword.

Bailey

I ran threw the woods until I heard someone fighting and quick ran a little farther until I saw someone fighting my father. “Dad” I yelled and he looked over “Bailey” he asked confused as whoever he was fighting with pushed him to the ground. I quickly ran over to them and threw the person that held my dad to the ground off of him. They looked up revealing there face, seeing that it was my dad, David. “What” I said confused as they threw me across the forest then they went back to fighting my dad. “Dad its those roots, the roots allow you to overcome your fears by facing them” I yelled to my dad.

“What are you talking about” David asked “he's your fear, only you can defeat him” “you can't defeat me, I can smell your fear on you, it's like a stench the stench of a scared shepherd boy who strayed too far from his farm” Davids fear said. “I'm not scared of anything” “ah, if that were true, I wouldn't be here” David's fear and David kept fighting but David was losing. “David, you have to face your fear, I know you're scared of being a bad father but you're not. You saved Emma, without her leaving she would have never of had Henry” I paused for a few seconds.

“You searched for me, and you found me, I'm here, right here” “don't you see? Your fear makes you weak” David's fear said “no, I'm not afraid” David said trying to catch his breath. “Saying that doesn't make it so” “I'll die to protect my family” “that doesn't make you fearless, even as the point is proven, give in, it's easier” David's fear said. “I am afraid, afraid I won't be a good father, but I won't let that stop me, not now, not ever” David said and stabbed his fear, killing him as he disappeared. David fell to his knees, trying to catch his breath.

I quickly ran over to him as he looked up and we hugged each other and Emma, Hook, and Regina ran over to us. “David, are you okay” Emma asked as Hook looked around “well, where is she” “it wasn't her” David said “then who was it” Regina asked “you look whiter than a fresh sail” Hook said to David. “Myself” “come again” Emma asked “it's the Witch, she's toying with us” I said as they all looked at me “Bailey you're alive” Emma said with a smile. “Ya and there's something you need to know, but first did you guys find where she might be hiding” I asked. “A farmhouse, we think it's hers” “then let's end this” I said mad “let's send that witch back to Oz”

“Any particular reason she would send a demon who looks like you” Regina asked. “No idea, it was just there, wearing my face, harping on my deepest fears” “it knew your deepest fears” “yeah things I never told anyone, even Mary Margaret” David said. “It wasn't until I admitted them that I was able to defeat it by stabbing it with the hilt of my sword” “where is it your sword” Emma asked. “That's the strange part, after I killed it, the swords handle disappeared” “well, what's that mean, then” I asked looking at everyone.

“When we face our deepest fears, our true courage comes out, when you used the hilt of your sword to vanquish your fears, your courage transferred into it” Regina said to David. “Then why'd it disappear” David asked confused “it didn't disappear, she took it” Regina said “hang on, the Wicked Witch stole his courage” Emma asked “well, a symbol of it, at least and symbols can be powerful totems” Regina said as we all looked at each other and I sighed. “What is it” David asked “nothing” I said deciding not to tell them what I knew.

David

“Are you going to tell me why you were out in the woods all night” Emma asked me as we sat in the apartment. “I was there because I was afraid” I said looking down at my hands “afraid” Snow asked confused. “Cause we lost Emma, twice, once as a baby, then again when we were forced to return to the Enchanted Forest without her, and we lost Bailey more times than what I can count” I said. “No, neither time was our fault” “I know” I said and look up at her “but because we lost Emma, I was never her father” “you have been a great father to your kids” Emma said trying to comfort me.

“To her now, but I didn't raise her, and this child, this one I don't know. The last time I razed a child I ended up losing her to young and I don't want to lose this one like I did with the others, I don't know if I can” I said “you don't have to, we're going to do this the way we do everything, together” Emma said with a smile. I smiled back at her “now, how did I forget that” “now, come on, we have a nursery to build” Emma said as we walked into the spare room.

Bailey

I decided to go with Emma, Hook, and Regina back to the farmhouse, hoping that Peter was there. “That lock it wasn't busted before” Hook said “ready” Emma asked us as we all nodded. She opened the door and we all looked inside “so far, so good” we walked down the cellar revealing a dark room “everyone, stay alert” Emma said pointing the gun around. “There's definitely dark magic here, can you feel it” Regina asked Emma “I don't know, maybe, whatever I feel, it's not good” Emma said. “There's something else” I said listening “Bailey” I heard a faint voice say.

I looked over and saw Peter laying in the corner in one of the cells. I quick busted the lock and ran over to him “Bailey” he said “glad to know you still will look for me, even when I'm lost” Peter said with a smile as I smiled back. “What would the Wicked Witch keep in a cage monkeys” Emma asked “no, not monkeys” Regina said as we all noticed something and turned on the light. “Now, how many people do we know who can spin straw into gold” Emma asked as we saw the spinning wheel. “Rumpelstiltskin, he was here” I said as Peter looked at me and I sighed “you guys, there's something you need to know” I said.