The Last Mistake

Hermione appeared out of nowhere. She had been too late. Ron was on the floor his once lively eyes were now staring up into space. Draco was sitting on a bench looking at Hermione with guilt. He stood up and met her gaze.

"Are you okay?" He asked
"Yes,but that's not the point," she replied. "We can be together." She finished. "but it could never happen."
"But I don't care about blood status."
"Don't think for one second this is about blood status Hermione, it just can't happen. I'm dangerous. You deserve better."
"Don't say that, it doesn't matter."
"It does, and that's why I have to do this." Said Draco. He pulled out his wand and wearily pointed it at Hermione. "Expeliarmus." He said. Her wand flew out of her hand. "Draco don't." Pleaded Hermione. She tried to go after her wand but Draco had already picked it up, and wouldn't return it. "Please." She knew what was going to happen, a fate worse than death. "I love you." She said for one last time. She started to cry. Tears ran down her cheek as she knew that this was the last time she would ever see Draco again. "I love you too. You have to know I always will, but I have to protect you....I have to protect you from me."

Draco took a long pause. His eyes gleamed with held back tears. He raised his wand shakily. He didn't want this, not one bit. But he had to. "Obliviate."

Hermione sat up she didn't know why she was on the ground or why it seemed that she had been crying. She looked up and saw a man on a bench. He looked familiar but she couldn't place it. "Do I know you?" She asked.

Draco wanted so bad to say yes, that he loved her and that they were soulmates. He wanted to kiss her and be with her forever. "No, I'm afraid not."

"I must have come here by mistake then, please excuse me." She said as she sat up. "Yeah, just by mistake." He replied and she walked away, never to be seen again.

Author side note:
Oh good you realized there was more at the bottom. Did you like it? Leaves comments and I can guarantee a reply. Thank you soooooo much for reading. I enjoy when I am actually successful in your enjoyment for once. Every read is dear to me, so thank you!!
👍🙂👍