Hands

“ Mia, come in!” Miley asks from the water

I shake my head and laugh, “ These shorts were like 400 dollars”

Louis steps out of the pool shivering, soaking wet from head to toe.

“Do you have a towel, love?” He rubs his arm length.

“ Yes! I’ll go get some” I stand and start walking back to the house when I hear muttering

“Harry, go help her!”

“Why, she’s fine, she can handle a towel”

“ We all need towels”

There’s a long pause and then a grunting noise.

“Fine”

I can feel his footsteps coming up behind me.

“ Lou thought you’d need help” He explains blatantly

“ Well that’s very nice of you” I respond quietly.

We walk back into the house, and see Hunter sitting on the couch, ankle crossed over his leg talking on the phone.

He acknowledges my presence by winking at me, but when his eyes meet Harry’s they turn hard.

“ Towels are over here” I walk down the long hallway, Harry trailing behind me, eyes running along every inch of my home.

I open the linin closet and take out 10 towels, handing Harry five which he balances’ in one hand.

I wrap my arms around my five towels.

“ You have big hands” I note out loud… Shit…

He smirks “ You have small hands”

“Well I’m suppose to have small hands” He looks down at me intensely, it’s taken me all this time to realize we’re only inches apart.

“ Well I’m suppose to have big hands” His breath hitches, green eyes dark and glossy.

“ Babe!” I hear Hunter call out from the kitchen for me. I roll my eyes and laugh softly; Harry’s face turns impassive. I walk past him and back down the hallway.

“What are those for?” Hunter points to the towels. Harry remains quiet.

“Oh, everyone’s swimming” I look out the window to see them all sitting wet on the loungers, waiting for towels.

“Nicki called,” He informs me as I walk back out onto the patio

Of course she called… “ I’ll call her in the morning” I yell back at him.

“Towels!” Zayn shouts and runs up to us. I giggle and hand him one. The rest of the group sprints in my direction.

I throw towels around and pretty soon everyone is drying up.

I walk forward, my foot stepping on a puddle of cold water; I take one more step and slip backwards. I let out a high-pitched scream before I feel two long arms around me.

“ Shit Mia” I look up to be met with mesmerizing, scared, green eyes.

I look around to notice everyone has shifted closer; Louis was in mid stance looking ready to catch me if Harry hadn’t.

Harry sets me upright and clears his throat, I pat down my ruffled shorts and everyone seems to have calmed down.

“ Thank you” I turn to Harry

“ Yeah no problem” He blurts out quickly, avoiding eye contact.

“ We should go lads” He talks loudly