16| It Isn't My Fault

A/N: Sexual assault is described in this chapter, nothing too serious. Just a heads up.
______________

Y/N awakes to a cold and empty bed.

Confused, she reaches over and grasps the sheets. She opens her eyes, a sense of dread hanging in the air once she realizes that Seven is gone.

Instead of the peaceful and loving morning she hoped for, she's alone.

She tries her best to not think too much about it. But as she sits up and stretches her arms, the spot where he should be glares back at her.

Something doesn't feel right. It doesn't make sense. Why would he have any reason to leave?

Y/N feels guilty. She really wouldn't know. He's very secretive, and she hasn't known him for that long. The thought worries her. After everything they've been through, he still seems so far away.

The girl kicks the sheets away and gets out of bed. Seven really did leave in the middle of the night, without a word. After they had sex for the first time. Her first time. Y/N starts to feel ashamed of herself. Was that all a lie to him? What is she supposed to think when she wakes up alone?

The girl hangs her head in shame as she trudges into the bathroom. Why is her gut feeling so... weird?

Y/N stares at herself sleepily and drinks a glass of water. Her throat feels dry and her head is aching.

She still feels like she made the right decision, being with him is an indescribable feeling. But maybe it was too soon. Maybe he got scared and left, who knows.

But for her, it was everything. She still can't fathom how perfect it was. How special it can be.

Y/N walks back into her room and glances at her phone. No word from him still.

She crawls back under the sheets and sighs. It's only 8 in the morning. She can still get some sleep if she wants to, and hopefully she can stop herself from overthinking this situation.

Y/N snuggles against the blankets, wishing it was his body she was laying on top of. Nothing can replace his comforting warmth.

A sleepy smile spreads across her face as she thinks of him. And as she drifts into the darkness, she wishes for nothing more than his safety.

Wherever he is, the girl prays that he's okay.

✰°✰°✰°✰°✰°✰°✰

Later in the day, when the sun is finally too high in the sky to ignore, Y/N gets out of bed.

After a shower, and some lunch, she checks her messages.

Still no word from the bastard, at 5pm. With a loud sigh, the girl sets her phone down. She's been waiting all day for him to reply.

Feeling a familiar brush against her ankles, Y/N smiles down at the infamous kitten.

"Am I doing something wrong Leafy?" She speaks to her cat, picking him up and cradling him against her chest.

The cat doesn't even meow, but just having a living creature to hold is enough to settle her nerves for now.

She kisses him lovingly. "You're the only man I need right now."

This time he squeaks a reply, purring as she pets him softly. She enjoys the company, but she really can't seem to stop thinking about Seven.