06| Confession

Now with a warm cup of tea in his hands, Seven seemed to have relaxed enough to have a proper conversation.

Y/N studied him silently. She recalled how frightened he was once he realized the truth. Had he been following his agency blindly? Or possibly the orders of Jumin? He acted like he'd never made a mistake before, and judging by how upset he was, Y/N could believe that.

But now, he was as cold as stone. Not a single word left his lips as he watched her make him something to eat. 

Y/N would admit that it was awkward. But there had to be some way to break down the barrier... right?

Yes, because making food for a man who had just broken into her home and tried to kill her was completely normal.

She turned to look at him again, but he was already staring. His golden eyes pierced right through her. "I'm sorry." He whispered, glancing away, hands curled around the steaming glass of earl grey tea.

Y/N didn't say anything. She was too busy trying to figure out what kind of person he was.

She even prayed to God silently, and it went something like this:

Hey... Um God? Why did you do this? I mean... there must be a reason, so if you could make that clear ASAP that would be pretty amazing. Thanks, love you.

She slid the fresh sandwich across the counter, not wanting to get too close to the stranger. Ever since the hug, she had kept her distance. 

They had a moment, but the moment was over now and it was time to set things straight.

"What are you going to do?" She asked, yet somehow demanded.

He took a bite of the sandwich, refusing to look her in the eyes. "Eat this sandwich."

"Funny." She scoffed. "A thank you would suffice. Maybe a comforting sentence."

Seven gazed at her with annoyance. "Thank you for this lovely sandwich. That you put SO much work into. I was starving and on the verge of death. Thank you for saving my life."

Y/N rolled her eyes.

"I need some answers." She sighed, leaning against the counter with a frown. "You understand that right?"

They ate in silence after that. Only accompanied by a few shared glances.

He broke into her home without an explanation, or even an understandable reason. What was wrong with him?

About to spark another conversation, she opened her mouth to have it interrupted by a familiar cat's meow.

The curious kitten pattered into the room, meowing obnoxiously, as if he was smelling the food and wanting some for himself.

Seven perked up immediately, almost throwing himself at the tiny creature before scooping him up and holding him in his arms.

"You didn't tell me you had a kitten." Seven said with an astonished expression, his eyes softening immediately as he gently scratched the top of its head.

"Funny you should ask." She sighed. "I found him yesterday."

Seven lifted his head from the ground. "Found him?"

"Yeah, I was walking home from the Uni and he was trapped in some garbage. Looked like he didn't have a home so I brought him here." She paused for a moment as she gazed at the pair. "He didn't have a collar or a chip in his ear."