Barbossa's End

"Just hear me out, mate. You order your men to row out to the Dauntless. They do what they do best. Robert's your Uncle, Fannie's your Aunt, there you are with two ships. The makings of your very own fleet. 'Course you'll take the grandest as your flagship, and who's to argue? But what of the Pearl? Name me Captain, I'll sail under your colors, I'll give you ten percent of me plunder and you get to introduce yourself as, Commodore Barbossa. Savvy?" Jack asked, slightly loosening his hold on my waist.

"I s'pose in exchange, you want me not to kill the whelp." Barbossa asked, his blue eyes drawn to Jack in disbelief.

"No, no, not at all by all means, kill the whelp. Just not yet. Wait to lift the curse until the opportune moment. For instance, after you've killed Norrington's men. Every. Last. One," he said as he scooped up five medallions and dropped them back into the chest. All except for two. I discreetly watched his hand, and with a small gesture with his fingers, they both vanished. I felt something cool against my hand, but didn't need to look down. He had passed one medallion to me.

"You've been planning this from the beginning. Ever since you learned my name." Will said as he saw the small exchange. He glared at me as I smiled warmly.

"Yeah, sweetness," I said cooly as I didn't move my hand clasped around the medallion.

Jack and Barbossa then negotiated momentarily, before shaking hands.

"All hand's to the boats!" Jack exclaimed as Barbossa gave him a dark glare.

"Apologies. You give the orders."

"Gents, take a walk," Barbossa declared before looking lustfully at me. I silently stood, not giving any sign of concern.

"I must admit, Sparrows, I thought I had ye figured. But it turns out that you're a hard pair to predict." Barbossa said as Jack, feeling confident enough to let go of me, ran his hands through a pile of gold coins.

"Us? We're dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid." Jack finished as he snatched a pirate's sword and tossed it to Will. I unsheathed my sword and joined Jack in fighting Barbossa.

"You're off the edge of the map, mates. Here there be monsters!" Barbossa said before lunging at Jack.

We fought in turns, hoping to tire Hector out, but he continued pushing us back. Eventually he managed to shove both of us down, and threw down his sword.

"You can't beat me, Sparrows!" He declared. Jack took this moment and sprang up. He rammed his sword into Hector Barbossa, front to back.

But he didn't die. He just sighed disappointedly at him before yanking out Jack's sword and impaling Jack Sparrow's middle. I screamed as his dark brown eyes widened and made a choking sound. I whirled around and stabbed Barbossa through his stomach. He smirked and laughed before doing the same thing.

The second the sword pierced my torso, I cried out. I felt him slide the sword through my midsection as I groaned softly. I managed to stand still for a second, then began to stumble backwards as Jack did the same. Just then, I became a skeleton. I glanced over at Jack, whose dreadlocks and bandana remained, along with his clothing, which were torn. We both returned our gazes to Barbossa, who was staring at us dumbfounded. I smiled as I revealed the coin.

"That's interesting," I said nonchalantly as I began toying with the medallion with my bony fingers.

"Couldn't resist, mate!" Jack said, fiddling with his cursed coin as well. I smiled as Barbossa scoffed at us, then threw multiple coins at us as we yanked the blades out of our bodies.

We fought against Barbossa for a few more minutes, until Barbossa knocked me down then put his blade up against Jack's throat.

"So what now, Jack Sparrow and Maria Rose Sparrow? Will it be it three immortals locked in an epic battle until Judgment Day and trumpets sound? Hmm?" Barbossa asked, his blade touching Jack's neck.

"Or you could surrender," I said, coming up behind Barbossa.

"Arr!" Barbossa laughed maniacally and ran after Jack and I. Jack immediately ran off, flailing his arms like noodles from Singapore. I fought him and let him push me back.

Soon Jack and I met up again, with me in a puddle of moonlight. Elizabeth saw me, and gasped.

"Whose side is she on?" Elizabeth asked Will, who widened his chocolate eyes as well.

I heard Will mutter something before a pirate attacked them.

I then saw Jack slice his hand and bleed on the medallions.

Just then, I heard a gun cock. I dared to turn my head. Hector Barbossa had his pistol aimed directly at me. I flinched, my eyes widening as I remembered that I had dropped the coin. My pistol hasn't been replaced, so I froze. Hector grinned as I heard a gun fire.

I slammed my eyes shut, waiting for my life to end. But it didn't. I opened my eyes to see Barbossa's head turned towards Jack, whose pistol was smoking and whose face had a slight tilt to it, his brown eyes staring directly at Barbossa.

"Ten years you carried that pistol, and now you waste your shot," Hector said, his voice a cold tone.

"He didn't waste it," Will said, dropping all three medallions into the chest. I shifted my gaze to Barbossa. He pulled the top two buttons from his shirt, revealing a large bloody spot forming.

"I feel.....cold."

And with that, Hector Barbossa died. Jack raced over to me and hugged me tightly.

"I was standing there and Barbossa was about to shoot me and you shot him and I'm alive!" I blurted out. Jack smiled at me as his beard-braids bumped lightly against my forehead.

"I will always be there," he said softly, watching Elizabeth leave the cave. "There goes the lovely lass. I'll be by the longboats."

He then walked off, leaving me to limp to Will. The second I reached him, he hugged me close to him as he kissed me on the lips. He gently pulled away and looked at me. His eyes were drawn to my leg, with its wrap bloody from my wound.

"Maria Rose, I apologize for all this," he said as he gently helped me walk to the boats.

"No need, Will. Also, call me Mae," I said calmly as we approached the longboats. I took Jack's hand and stepped into the boat, sitting by Jack. Will came in and sat next to me, not touching me since Jack was shooting him death looks.