Chapter 18 - Bending the Rules

Start from the beginning

"Bawal magflirt diba.......daya mo, sir."

"Maine.......look at me."

"'Yoko."

"Eh bakit nga?"

"Ayokong may ibang mag-asikaso sayo," She mumbled.

"Tama ba dinig ko? Ayaw mong may mag-asikaso sakig iba?"

She nodded, her hands covering her face. He felt the heat slowly engulfing his body, his ears turned red. It was such an effort for him to keep on sitting there, he wanted to kiss her senseless right at that moment.

"Hmmmmmm, ok baby......messenger na lang kukunin ko," He said, then whispered, "Wala naman akong balak talaga eh, hinuhuli lang kita."

"I heard that........ang bully mo sakin."

"Hahahaha, I love you baby."

"Landi," She whispered, smiling.

-----

Her finals were in a few days. She and Chanel made their way to the accounting office to get a computation of her current balance for payment. She wondered why there was no notice or reminder sent to her on remaining tuition balances.

"Mendoza? Wala kang babayaran, fully paid na."

"Po? Sigurado po kayo? Once pa lang po ako nakapagbayad."

"Bayad na siya, one month ago pa. Wala ka ng babayaran."

"Pwede po ba ma-trace kung sino nagbayad?"

"Hindi. Cash payments lang kasi kami so walang way for us to trace payments."

They left the accounting office puzzled. Who would have paid for her tuition? Definitely not her mom, who would surely tell her if she went to Manila to pay for her tuition. She dialed Richard's number.

"Hello sir?"

"Yes Maine?"

"Sir, I was going to pay my tuition pero they told me bayad na."

"Oh? Sino daw nagbayad?"

"Sir.......did you pay for my tuition?"

"Me? No. I'd ask you muna if you would let me do that but knowing you, alam kong ayaw mo pabayaran yan sakin."

"Sir, yung tutoo."

"I'm telling the truth. Hindi ako nagbayad ng tuition mo. Believe me, I'd let you know if I would do that."

"Sige po, sorry."

"Did you ask your mom?"

"She'd tell me din if she paid for it na."

"Eh sino magbabayad ng tuition mo? Do you have any idea who could possibly do that?"

"No idea sir. Sige po, thank you. Sorry to disturb."

"Ok lang Maine. Take care."

"Cha, tingin mo nagsasabi ng tutoo boss ko?"

"Matanong kita, bakit naman niya babayaran ang tuition mo?"

"He's been very supportive to me kasi. Pero hindi naman niya gagawin siguro yun without telling me."

"Hayaan mo na, just be thankful may good samaritan na nagmalasakit sayo."

"Eh pano kung may hinging kapalit? Ayoko ng ganyan eh."

"Well wala ka na magagawa, hindi natin alam kung sino eh."

-----

She aced her finals and reached the end of the semester. With only one semester left, she would finally finish her course and review for the Board. She filed her leave for a quick vacation in Bataan, just as she discussed with Richard during the wedding.

He looked at the leave form, noting the five days vacation leave that she asked for.

"Paano ka uuwi?"

"Bus lang sir. Don't worry, sanay naman ako."

"Can I still visit you there as we talked about? Or bawal yun?"

"Of course not, sir. Welcome ka doon, I'd like my mom to meet you also."

"Talaga ba?"

"Oo naman. Para pag......ano......."

"Yes? Tuloy mo."

"Para ano..........basta....."

"Huy. Tuloy mo................ Game, ano yun?"

"Hmmmm......para kung............. maging tayo kilala ka na ng nanay ko. Ktnxbye!"

Amsarreeehhhh, that came out of nowhere. My heart, grabe.

She ran out of his office straight to the restroom, panting and giggling at the same time.

He was already in his next meeting when she stepped out of the restroom. She felt relieved at not having to face him after what she just said. Upon checking her phone though, he was not letting her escape that easily.

 Upon checking her phone though, he was not letting her escape that easily

Lord help me, but I am so smitten with my boss

Lord help me, but I am so smitten with my boss. Mahal ko na ata siya.