Chapter 1-Skylar's P.O.V

"LOOK AT ME!" hot tears filled my eyes and started to roll down my rosey pink cheeks.

I smiled "look at me. I'm broken..."

My smile grew wider. "You think I wanted this to happen?! That I wanted cancer?! That I wanted..."

         ~~~~ 1 year Earlier~~~~~
  "Ah. Here we go."
             She stuck the needle in my arm. And pushed the clear liquid in my arm. I felt the liquid become molten lava through my vein.

  "How many more of these test do you have to go through before , you guys can get results on what's going with  her?" My mother questioned, as her hazel eyes flickered to orange in the sunlight.

"I'm not sure. All her test coming back clear. I am so sorry we don't have further information." The nurse eyes  were sympathetic and kind.  Lauren moved from me and walked to my mom and held her hand to comfort her. " I promise we will find a diagnosis" her eyes flickered towards me. " I promise."

    *Knock*Knock*Knock*

"Hey there Skylar." Doctor Dan walked in smiling. He was old ,but the cute kind of old. The kind with apple red cheeks and wrinkles that filled his face, mostly around his smile.  He had wide circled framed glasses that made his eyes huge. His little white lab coat swallowed him like a child in their fathers shirt."How are you today?" He put rubber gloves on

"I am doing well. My ankle and chest pain is getting some what worse." I sat up a little straighter

" Well, have you been doing your breathe exercises that we talked about when you get anxiety attacks?" His head leaned down ,that way he could look at me with out his glasses.

"Yes, I have." Nodding My head up and down. I have been trying really hard to not have anxiety attacks.

"And lets look at that ankle." He gestured for me to roll up my pant leg and take my shoes off. "Oh boy, that bump has grown two times bigger then the last time you've been here."

I sighed.

"Lauren, can you bring me a needle to extract some of the fluid in her leg?"

"Yes, sir" She handed Doctor Dan an empty syringe

"Okay Skylar, you're going to feel a slight pinch"

I took a very  deep breathe "Okay, I'm ready."

He put the syringe under the soft ball sized lump on my ankle. I could feel it penetrate my skin. It feel like a shark was chomping on my leg. I screamed in pain.

"Owwww. Okay. Owwww"

He pulled the syringe out of my leg. The syringe was filled with a yellow substance and at the top there was a clear substance separated from it .

"Please take this down to the Diagnostic Imaging Lab. " He handed the syringe to Lauren.

"Okay, so we are going to go through some precautions since, your leg is getting worse. You will be on crutches and you need to keep it uncovered, so it can breathe. I will go get all of the directions and precautions sheets and give them to Lauren , she will bring you your crutches and paperwork."

He said standing up shaking my mothers hand and then mine. He then walked out the heavy wooden door and closed it behind him.

"Skylar I am so sorry I didn't listen to you about your ankle earlier. I just thought you were whining about it and lying." My mother circled her thumbs around each other staring at the ground.

"Its okay..."I mumbled

The room was silent. I could hear the clock ticking, you could hear pins dropping. The tension in the room was extremely high. If someone took a knife to it, they could slice it with ease, like butter after its been sitting for awhile .  Seconds became minutes and minutes became what felt like hours. That's when Lauren walked in. I have never felt such relief.

"Okey dokey." Her soft quiet voice squeaked "Skylar, need you to stand up so I can fit your crutches, Please. "

My mother and I got into the car. I've never been on crutches ,this seemed almost impossible. I tried to swinging my body into the car. That didn't work. I kept hitting the crutch against the car. I fidgeted with the crutch until I was able to lay it next to the passenger seat in the car.

"Uhhhhhh. Mama I'm struggin' " I screamed making a disturbing noise.

"Sky, baby you can't." She started giggling.

Finally , I got into the car comfortably. We exchanged looks and started cracking up.

"Oh let's go home num nuts." My mother started the car. As we pulled out of the parking lot of the hospital my mom and I's jam came on.

"OOOOOOOOOO BABY TURN IT UP" My mama screeched and started shimming her shoulders. As I turned the radio up louder.

"FOUR, TRES, TWO ,UNO" My mom sang loudly. Fergalicious started playing.

" LISTEN UP Y'ALL CAUSE THIS IS IT,THE BEAT THAT I'M BANGIN' IS FULL OF ISH" We both yelled in unison

' FERGALICIOUS DEFINTION MAKE THEM BOYS LOCO." I sang off tuned , sounding much like a dying whale.

We're dancing and shimming. Then my Part came up...

"HMmmm" I cleared my throat

"GET IT BABY WHOOOO!" My mom was bobbing her head since she was driving

Starting to rap like a boss. "EVERYTIME I TURN AROUND BROTHERS GARTHER ROUND LOOKIN' UP MY UP AND DOWN LOOKIN' AT MY UHHHHH. I JUST WANNA SAY IT NOW I AINT TRYING TO ROUND UP DRAMA , LITTLE MAMA I DONT WANNA TAKE YOUR MAN..."

*SEEEEEEEEEERRRCH*

Out of the corner of my eye I saw a huge black dodge truck run a red light smashing into my mom's side of the car. My head bounced off the door like a basketball. I watched my mothers face hit the steering wheel and her head smack back into her seat, our car was spinning put of control.

My door flew wide open, the world became blurry and high pitched tones were filling my head swirling around like butterflies.

When my eyes opened, I could hear sirens and when I looked up ,a man stood above me ,I couldn't make out his face, the world was a blur. Then faded out to black...