Namesake - Twelve

"I don't even know why you're going for astrology. What're you gonna do, become a fortune-teller? The newest, dorkiest weatherman?" Alice complained. Sam groaned.

"Just shut up Alice. I know you did online college courses whilst still in high school, but I want the real experience." Alice scoffed, hanging off the bed upside down.

"Like what? Frat parties and girls just waiting to tear apart your relationship?" Sam glared at her.

"I would never cheat on Mikaela." Alice cracked a grin at that.

"Yeah, I know. I just don't see what you see in an actual college I guess." Sam continued packing.

"Besides, you can take care of Mom and Dad while I'm gone. I'll miss 'Bomb and Steel though." Alice chuckled when Sam said the last sentence. Those two sparklings had grown faster than anything she'd ever learned of. ...She had a very black thumb. They were both taller than her– by seven whole feet! She spent a lot of time at the base now. They didn't really fit in the house anymore.

"I'm sure they'll miss you too Sam." The brunette let out a knowing chuckle.

"You mean the pranking opportunities?" Sam corrected her amusedly. Alice nodded gleefully. Then she sobered.

"Are you sure you want to go? You won't be able to bring 'Bee with you. It's going to break his spark." Sam let out a deep breath.

"I just gotta feeling. It'll be okay. It isn't permanent." Alice nodded. She hated when her gut was right about these types of things.

"Lemme borrow your jacket though. I wanna piece of you while you're gone." She punctuated the second sentence with a pout. Sam laughed.

"Sure. Check the garage. I haven't worn it since Mission." Alice scrambled to stand and sloppily saluted him.

"Aye, sir!" He smiled at her amused. Alice didn't catch it though, as she was already down the hall and flying down the stairs. She didn't know why, but Sam always got the comfiest sweaters and jackets. A minute later and she was in the garage, standing in front of the hanging jacket. She hummed with joy and snatched it carefully from its hanger.

Seeing no reason to wait, Alice put the jacket on swiftly, wincing when something pinched her skin. The pain was quickly gone though, so she forgot about it soon after. She bounced out of the garage, heading for the living room to help her Dad fill the car with Sam's belongings.

"Otou-San! Need any help?" Ron nodded, gesturing for her to help lift the biggest of the boxes. Walking over she slid her hands underneath the bottom of the box.

"Three... two... one... Lift!" Fortunately, with all the physical exercise she'd been doing since Mission, instead of being skinny fat, she was well muscled. Which made the box easy to pick up. The two carefully moved the box out of the house, across the sidewalk,  and into Ron's truck.

Thirty minutes later and Sam's stuff was loaded and said teen was ready to hightail it to college. Sam was currently trying to explain to 'Bee that he couldn't bring him with him as freshmen weren't allowed to have their own vehicles.

Alice wasn't even in there with them and knew it was going badly.

So she'd decided to hide in her room and clean her weapons and work on her prototypes. She'd managed to keep her gun obsession a secret from the 'bots for over a year. It was a miracle, but she wanted to see how long she could leave them oblivious.

When she was done messing with her guns and cannons, Alice hid them back in their usual spots around her room. Just in time too, because the moment she was about to pass her open window a familiar servo plucked her from her room.