The Threat

Tyler's POV.

I carry Summer to the car, I expected her to be crying and shaking, like she does whenever something bad happens. But when I looked down, what I saw was worse than seeing her cry. I looked into her eyes, and they looked so dead, like she gave up on everything. It scared me straight to the bone.

There weren't any tears in her eyes, they seemed to be drained of their normal color. I held her close to me, not wanting to see her like this anymore. My heart clenched for her. We get in the car, and she falls asleep straight away. She doesn't say a single word the whole ride. She barely even moves.

Once we park, she gets straight out. When we walk in my mom bombards us with questions, yelling at us at how we were both in so much trouble, and how it was somehow all Summers fault, once again. I wasn't even listening though, and by the looks of it, neither was Summer. She walked straight past my mom as if she wasn't talking, and up the stairs.

My mom stopped talking and looked at me with a confused expression. I just glare at her and shake my head, then jog up the stairs to my room. I slam my door. I wasn't mad at my mom. I was mad at the world. Why was everything against Summer? Why couldn't it just let her be happy?

I lay on my bed, letting my stress consume me. I let out a loud grown, then roll over and grab my phone. One new message.

Unknown

Unknown: Leave Summer alone. I am an inch away from telling her everything.

I quickly click reply.

Tyler: Who is this?

Unknown: Guess man wh*re

Tyler: Lukas you leave Summer alone or I swear you'll be sorry.

Lukas: haha you're a funny guy, it's a shame you are no longer in our group.

Tyler: I'm actually pretty happy that I'm not in your sh*tty group anymore.

Lukas: I'll just tell her then.

Tyler: don't

Lukas: then you better listen to everything I say, and I mean everything. No hesitance. Got me jerk face?

Jerk face? What are we, five? I run my hands through my hair. This is gonna be complete hell.

Tyler: whatever

I set my phone down, then shove my head in my pillow. What a jerk. Why does he always have to get under my skin like that? I walk into my bathroom, in search for some pills to get rid of my headache. I take some Advil, then lay back down on my bed.

* * *

The weekend passes with Summer and I doing all the chores in the house, although she had a lot more than me. we had to take the bus, and it was complete hell. Lukas and his stupid friends surrounded us, and flirted with Summer the entire time. I couldn't even do anything, as Lukas would constantly remind me of his threat by whispering in my ear.

We get off the bus, and I let Summer walk to her locker alone. It's best for me to keep my distance... She really can't find out that I used to be friends with those bastards, and worse than that, I did stupid things with them. She doesn't need to know that. I don't want her to think I'm like them, or even was like them.

As I was deep in thought, someone shoved me. I bang into the lockers. I clench my jaw and look up to Lukas and his friends. Three people in total surrounded me. I tried to walk past, but they blocked me.

"Cut the sh*t," I say, once again trying to walk past.

"nice try lover boy," he says, smirking at me.

They all start to jerk me around, and I huddle against the lockers, protecting my head. I try not to listen to all the stupid names they call me, and instead concentrate on getting away. Everytime I try and get away, they always block me. I take a punch to the face, not being quick enough to block my head. I let out a grown, before huddling back against the lockers. You're probably wondering why I don't fight them back, or stick up for myself. Well that's because I don't agree with violence.I don't know what got into me on Friday...I would do anything for Summer, even if it meant beating the sh*t out of someone. The second reason you already know...

I hear Ryder call out, then the hitting slowly stopped. Ryder came up to me. "It's alright bro, their gone." he said.

I get out of my huddled position (I was not sitting) and turned to Ryder. "Thanks dude," I say. He used to be friends with them too, and we practically went through the same thing with them. He didn't fit in, didn't like the way they acted. He was with me the night we decided to call the cops on them. So was Jason and Cole.

He also knows I don't like violence, but he does know that I usually use my words and stick up for myself. "Bro, what was that all about?"

I haven't told him about the situation with summer yet. "Lukas is threatening me that if I don't listen to him, and if I make any mistakes, he will tell Summer about...You know," I answer him.

He looks over at me. "Dude that sucks," he says, his eyebrows furrowed. "What about Friday, you beat Jake up pretty bad, and that's the first time I've ever saw you hit someone. " He said.

"yeah, I don't really want to talk about it." I mutter, staring at the ground. I really just want to protect Summer, but Lukas is making it so hard...

I see Summer at her locker, and it breaks my heart when I look into her eyes. They still have the same broken, lifeless look. I wanted more than anything to pull her into a hug, but I was scared that she wouldn't show any emotion back. Her face was completely blank, even when Lukas and his friends would harass her. She wouldn't show fear, or shake like she usually would.

I wish I could take all her pain from her, I wish her mother didn't have to die, I wish I could have done something. I can't seem to do anything right lately. I get my stuff and go along my day. Little did I know what awaited when I got home.