Chapter 14: Staying!?

"I give up... We've tried everything! The dragons, Tuffnut singing, Gobber singing! We even tried to be nice with him by giving him my famous Yaknog! Nothing worked!", said Astrid to Stoick in a desperate voice.

"The Yaknog almost worked. Honestly, I've tasted worse, but this was like... number two of the worst thing I've ever put in my mouth... You should be proud!", said Hiccup. Astrid got very offended while Gobber was practically dying of laughter.

"This boy! Can't we keep him Stoick? He's very funny! And he's an amazing blacksmith! Look at this!", said very happily Gobber to the chief, pointing at the rider's metal leg. Stoick frowned. After examining the boy for some time, he exhaled deeply.

"I guess if he stays with us, he won't cause anymore trouble. Gobber, you'll take care of him," said the chief in a firm voice. Astrid and Hiccup both widened their eyes.

"What!? No!", they screamed, at the same time. They started to talk, but no one understood, since their little 'speech' was overlapping one another. "One..! At a time, please...", shouted Stoick to them. They quickly shut their mouth. Hiccup and Astrid both looked at each other. The rider then made a small hand signal to the girl to let her know that she could speak first.

She nodded and then said:" H-He can't stay! We're gonna let a hunter stay on Berk!? That's just irrational! He's going to destroy our village!" "She's right on so many levels! I can't stay here! It really is irrational! And there is 95% chance that I will this destroy this village... Not on purpose, of course, just with my misfortune... Although she is wrong about one thing...", said Hiccup.

Everyone looked at each other, confused. "I'm... kind of...not...a... hunter?"

"Well, in that case!", said Gobber as he went up to the rider to untie the rope. Surprisingly, Astrid let him do it!

When Hiccup finally stood up, he started to stretch out. He grunted and let out a small chuckle while rubbing his bag. "Why are you laughing?", said Astrid with no expression in her voice. "It's just... good to stand up after... hours of sitting!", said Hiccup. He made an awkward smile, which didn't make Astrid very comfortable.

"Come on, boy! Let me show you the way to my amazing forge!", said Gobber, patting Hiccup in the back. "Well, Astrid, um... everyone else... I guess I'm staying here! *nervous chuckle* If you need anything, I'll be with Gobber!", said the rider.

The blacksmith was quite happy to have an apprentice to work with. Making saddles alone takes a lot of time! Sometime Stoick would come, but having another men working in the forge will make the production easier... especially when this someone seems to be very skilled in that sort of thing!

"Well! Here we are! Isn't she a beauty?", asked Gobber as they arrived at the forge. Hiccup smiled and said, in a light voice: "That's for sure..."

It had stayed the same after all does year. The only different thing was that Gobber didn't really make weapons anymore: he made saddles! Hiccup never believed that they could change... that his dad could change... Hiccup finally could be his true self.

He turned to Gobber and said: "Let's get to work!"