Chapter 4: The Northern Markets

In the Barbaric Archipelago, there is a place called the Northern Markets. It's a place where multiple Vikings get together and trade weapons and other... things. But Vikings aren't the only ones to go to those Markets, there are also... Dragon Hunters!

There are usually there to sell some Nadders, a few Zipplebacks and Nightmares, sometimes some Gronckles. But they're always stopped by our amazing rider. He knows every merchandise of every ship in the area. Over the years, he had analyzed every shipment every made. Looks like the Dragon Hunters aren't so smart after all.

They delivered with a schedule, making it easy for Hiccup to know when the dragons were imported to the Markets. Every two weeks, there was a shipment of a dozen dragons coming from the South. Every two weeks, the Viking waited in the woods for the ship to arrive. And every two weeks, he saved those magnificent creatures from their imminent death.

This time tough, he was surprised to find out that it wasn't the usual cargo of Deadly Nadders but a shipment of only four dragons. There was a blue Nadder, a red Monstrous Nightmare, a green Zippleback and a brown Gronckle. He was confused, but it didn't matter what kind of dragons they were, he had to rescued them no matter what!

The rescue mission was always the same: pretend to be a dragon hunter, wait until there was no guard to look after the locked up dragons and free them. Looks pretty simple right? Well for Hiccup, who has been doing this for ages, it is. But it's not as simple as it looks.

The locks that are used by the hunters have a complex mechanism. For the rider, it took some time to finally be able to understand how to unlock them. But when he finally did open the cages, he had to pretend like the cages were already opened when he arrived and sometimes he would even hit himself just to insure that the other hunters would believe him!

He's quite the actor if you ask me! Back to the story now...

Hiccup was preparing all of his "equipment". He put on a sort of scarf that covered up his mouth and nose and a hooded cape. All you could see was his emerald green eyes and some of his brown hair that covered up his forehead. He had his flight suit on (A/N: the one from HTTYD2) he had made about 4 years ago. He took his lock picking kit and hid it in his right forearm pad.

After flying high above and examining the new (and strange) shipment, he and Toothless had landed close to the cave they always went to during their rescue missions.

"Alright bud, you know what you gotta do," said Hiccup to his friend. Toothless, who had heard this over a thousand times, was very annoyed. The dragon rolled his eyes and made fun of Hiccup by pretending to repeat what he said.

 The dragon rolled his eyes and made fun of Hiccup by pretending to repeat what he said

"Oh, come on! Don't be such a baby, you big baby!", said Hiccup, sarcastically. Toothless turned his back to his rider and sat down, facing the cave's wall. The boy scoffed and left his best friend to his sulking.

When he arrived at the Markets, the cages were already there, covered up by a big white sheet, so big you couldn't even see what kind of dragon was underneath it! As he got closer to the armoury, he spotted a group of... hunters? He didn't know. All he could say was that they were about his ages and that he had never seen them in the Northern Markets before. He stopped to try and listen to their conversation.

"Look, all we gotta do is find Macey!", said
a girl... wait, a boy... wait, no. Whatever it was, it had long hair, but a deep, manly voice... "You're forgetting one thing, Tuff..." said a girl, and this time, Hiccup was sure it was a girl. She had braided blonde hair that fell over her left shoulder.

He knew it was the first time he was seeing her, but he felt like he knew her, from a distant memory...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author's note:
Hello! I know I'm updating a lot lately, but technically, I shouldn't, because I have three exams that I should (but will probably not) study for. So yeah... June 22nd I AM FREE!!!!! MUAHAHHAHAHA!! Sorry... After this date, I will update very often since I love writing stories. Other than that, you might have notice that I describe a lot, like dragons, and places and contexts. I try not to, but when I start writing, I can't stop! If you want more action, there will definetly be more in future chapters, or you could just say so in the comment section. This is a LONG author's note... Hope I didn't write this for nothing... Oh well! I hope you enjoyed the chapters so far. :)
Maya's Stories
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~