Chapter 11

Song up above We Dem Boys by Wiz Khalifa

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

Back in the school grounds, Asia sits in deep meditation while the shine of the moon burns through the window. Asia hears footsteps entering the area, but she knows it's Master White Tiger because of his aura.

"The students seem eager to learn from us about Martial Arts. Are you sure they are ready?" White Tiger wonders, while Asia focuses her chi.

"I don't doubt Cole's choices, but it's Danyelle that I am most concerned about. I can tell she seems suspicious about me." Asia opens her eyes and she stands on her feet.

"She doesn't remember you, it's best to give her time. The information you gave her was a lot for her to handle, she needs time to let it sink in." White Tiger suggests to her.

"She is already seeing her inner spirit guide, how much time do you think she needs?" White Tiger puts his hands on Asia's shoulder and he tells her, "Time can be your greatest enemy and your biggest ally. With Danyelle, it's all about if she comes to you."

Asia bows to White Tiger, as a show of thanks and respect. She looks at the moon, amazed at how bright it glows in the night sky. Back at the Dragon Loft, the group is still conversing among themselves after telling their upbringings into the Martial Arts world. The others look at Danyelle, waiting for her to actually say something.

"Why are you guys looking at me like I have dirt on someone?" she asks.

"We want to know more about your past, do you remember anything about your real parents?" Laura wonders.

"Well, to be honest, I don't remember shit about my biological parents. I don't remember them shouting, don't recall them smiling or laughing. Hell, I don't even remember their faces, they're just strangers in the shadows. The parents I told you about were my foster parents."

Vanessa approaches Danyelle and she asks her, "What can you tell us about your foster parents?" Danyelle looks at Vanessa's eyes and she takes a deep breath before speaking.

"Well, I remember every Sunday, we would have a barbecue in the spring and summer. My mother would stay up with me and help me with my homework, while my father would continue to train me in my physical abilities. I remember everything about my parents, everything." Danyelle smiles.

"How did your foster parents die?" Laura wonders.

"Drunk driver, fell asleep at the wheel. At least that's what I been told by the hospital staff." Danyelle takes another deep breath before continuing on, "After they died, I lived mostly by myself in New Jersey, until I received a letter in the mail, sending me here. I then learned that my real parents were warriors of this, the secret force called The Jade Dragon society, but still, I feel alone."

"Dani, you are not alone. You are among friends and I probably hope we can all be a family to you in time." Laura said to her.

"You guys are already my family, it's here that we formed a bond. Six hours ago, we didn't know each other, now we are sitting here, coming together as a group of misfits who love Martial Arts. To be honest, I wouldn't have it any other way." Danyelle says to the others.

"Yeah, team dragon for the win!" Vanessa shouted, bringing the attention of Danyelle. Danyelle places her tattooed hand in the center of the room floor, while the others look on with confusion.

"Well, what are you guys waiting for? We might as well do this shit right!" Danyelle cheerfully says, encouraging the others to follow suit. Laura and the others gladly place their hands on top of Danyelle's, showing that they are united no matter what.