Chapter 4

Song up above: Bring Da Ruckus by Wu-Tang Clan.

"On the day of victory no fatigue is felt" -German Proverb

Asia charges at Danyelle with the speed of a cheetah going after a fresh meal. Danyelle closes her eyes, making time itself come down to a crawl from her perspective. Asia unloads a flurry of open palm strikes, but Danyelle blocks every single strike that Asia throws at her. Danyelle then kicks Asia away from her, knocking her down to the ground.

"You have gotten better, I always knew you were something special from the moment I saw you." Danyelle's expression on her face shows a confused curiosity towards Asia's interest in her.

"You speak as if you know me, but I know nothing of you lady." Asia smiles at Danyelle upon hearing her say those words. Asia walks up to Danyelle, and she grabs her hand that has the dragon tattoo. Asia then places Danyelle's hand on her chest. Feeling a connection between them, Danyelle takes her hand off of Asia's chest, shocked by this revelation.

"Who the hell are you?" Danyelle questions Asia.

"I was an old friend of your birth parents, they assigned me to watch over you. I have been watching you for a long time, Kindergarten, Elementary, Middle School, High School, your parents funeral. I have been there for it all, hiding in plain sight. You are the last of the Jade Dragon society, a group of legendary warriors who have protected the world from evil for centuries." Danyelle looks at her tattoo while putting her hand over her mouth in disbelief. As she walks to the railing of the second floor, she looks back at Asia with tears in her eyes.

"My foster parents never told me this, so they died, my birth parents?" Asia nods her head at Danyelle who closes her eyes in sadness.

"I am sorry, Danyelle. But, I was there at your christening, your parents blessed you with that mark on your hand, making you the first Jade Dragon warrior in years. It explains why you are stronger than most fighters, smarter than them, faster than them. That combined with your years of training, made you more powerful than most." Danyelle tries to let it all sink in, but she can't fully process the information that she has just learned.

"I know this must be too much for you, but I just wanted you to know this." Danyelle then looks at Asia with a curious stare.

"Who is Cole Michaelson?" she asks.

"He is the dean of this school, he wants to meet you. I can take you to him so you can ask any further questions you may have about this place and why he chose you to be here." Danyelle looks at her necklace that her father gave her before his death. It has the image of a dragon eye with words inscribed on it saying; "The soul is more powerful than the body".

"Very well, take me to the Dean, I would really like some answers as to why I am here." Asia then escorts Danyelle to the third floor of the building, where pictures of Shaolin symbolism can be seen on the hall walls.

Asia and Danyelle arrive at a black steel door with the words overlord written in Chinese lettering. Danyelle looks at Asia, unsure about this meeting with the dean of the school, but she stands ready for anything that comes out of the door. The door then slowly creaks open and a sharp dressed man steps through the door; his stature having a regal presence that Danyelle can sense.

"Hello Danyelle, we meet at last. I imagined that you would be something to look at, but just from looking at you, I can already tell that you are an extraordinary specimen. I can feel a small percentage of your power from where I am standing." Cole extends his hand out towards Danyelle, offering a handshake to her. Danyelle shakes his hand, but cautiously.

"Nervous are we? It's all good, that happens to everyone who comes here. There is nothing more intimidating than learning martial arts from the very best or just being around people who are prodigies like yourself. But I can tell that you are not like everyone else Ms. Faust." Danyelle then looks at her right hand and she sees the tattoo glow a shade of green.