~38~ My So-Called Hair

Take this pink ribbon off my eyes...
The moment that I step outside
So many reasons for me to run and hide
'Cause it's all those little things that I fear
'Cause I'm just a girl I'd rather not be
And I've had it up to here...

No Doubt ~ Just a Girl

🤡🤡🤡

The three of us stumble out of the Madhouse and out into the blazing bright summer sun. Where we pile into Jinni's expensive big black Bavarian Motor Works car to take a trip down to Towne. Stevie, of course, jumps in the passengers' seat and immediately reaches for the radio control. Only to have his hand soundly slapped away by the dark mistress of the murder machine.

"Don't touch a girl's tunes without asking, sweet-tart, comprehendie?" Jinni smirks and puts on her girl power mix music up to blast level.

The upside of her girl power soundtrack is that it pretty much screams down any chance of me talking them out of this doomed mission to change me. So I just give up and lean back into the black leather backseat, listening to Jinni's music preach girl power at me. While we head down the hill like a bat out of hell towards whatever fate that awaits me at Beauty & The Beast.

I can't possibly say this enough times about Towne, this place is seriously lame. Personally, I think whoever creatively added the "E" to the end of Towne actually made it even lamer somehow? Or maybe Towne was just so lame to begin with? Adding the 'E' at the end just made it easier for everyone else in Three Valleys to pluralize their disdain on the "Townies". But the one thing that Towne does have going for it is an almost decent main street, with a ton of little boutique shops. One of which is Bea's Beauty Store, or as everyone calls it Beauty & The Beast for some stupid reason.

After spending an agonizing hour wandering through the long aisles of beauty products, that I will never need, want, nor desire. The pair of vicious fashionistas have decided that Scarlet Moon is indeed just the right color of blood red for my head. We head to the counter where Jinni actually pays for my "new me" hair color and some exotic avocado exfoliant scrub for her and Stevie to try out.

After the allergic test to see if I will have an adverse reaction and die from the dye, which apparently I pass without dying. The three of us are crammed into the boy's bathroom, with me sitting in the bathtub urinal. Wearing a pair of my Wednesday worsts, and old crappy grey RFK gym shirt, that will not most definitely not survive this process. I also have the added joy of being made to wear a pair of stupid looking swim goggles to protect my eyes. Which immediately fogged over, probably to prevent me from actually seeing what these two demons are doing to my hair.

So I am seriously fidgeting and trying not to fight the crazy change. While my two torturers alternate taking turns working me over into their ideal version of crazy me. Hovering around my head, combing my hair into rows, and then rubbing the hair dye into my head. Before bitching at me to hold still, that I am just prolonging the process.

"Okay, it's been twenty minutes already," I whine up at them.

"Don't worry about it box says, Sammi. It always takes at least thirty minutes for the dye to set right." Jinni reassures me. "Trust me, the dye stops working after a while. Like on a built-in timer or whatever. So as long as it's not burning your scalp, we're leaving it in for the full thirty."

"Now hold still while I do your eyebrows." Stevie grins devilishly. "But I'm leaving downstairs for you to accessorize."

I stare blankly up at them through the foggy goggles until the meaning of this sinks in.