Prologue

It was another quiet day at the cafe, no trouble, no loud shouts from anywhere across the room. Angelic Hartman sat behind the counter watching as friends and couples sat around the cafe.

Angelic had natural dark red hair and blue eyes, she was slender but had curves where they were needed. Standing at only 5'5 a lot of people towered over her, but she didn't care, as she was confident with herself.

"Angelic, order up!" The cook, Gabriel, stated. She walked to the kitchen and grabbed the tray walking to table five.

"Anything else sir?" She asked the man that sat near the counter in front of her. He looked up, he had beautiful green eyes and he was head over heels handsome.

"You." He said to her, his voice like sweet honey. He stuck out his hand for her to shake. As she placed her dainty hand in his large gentle hand, he kept his eyes on her.

"John Lown." He said with a slight wink. Angelic felt a shiver go down her back, John gave a vibe she wasn't familiar with. He waited for her to say her name but she was speechless, totally lost for words.

"A-Angelic Hartman." She said in a soft tone. He smirked as his green eyes smiled as well. He kissed the top of her hand.

"Such a beautiful name for such a beautiful girl." He let go of her hand as it fell to her side. The bell to the shop rung, a group of girls walked in. As they saw John, they all screamed and ran to the table while pushing Angelic out of the way as they surrounded him.

She didn't do anything, instead just decided to go behind the counter. She watched as all the girls asked him out but he turned them down.

"Ladies, if you really want to see me more, come by my mansion, I'll show you a good time." He said, his lips in a cocky smirk. He stood up and threw Angelic a roll of money. She unrolled the money, in her hand laid one thousand dollars. John walked to her.

"Keep the money sweetheart, maybe but you a beautiful dress to go with your beautiful face." He winked and left the cafe leaving Angelic in shock.

"Thank you," she whispered, put the money in her pocket, in her mind replayed beautiful green eyes of John Lown.