I needed to know what was going on. Why he's keeping me from classes. Why he fucking bit me and why the hell it makes me climax like that? I needed to know why I had a tattoo on my neck! What does it mean? I have to have an explanation.

As I walk into the kitchen, Slater has picked up a file from the countertop and leant his back against the cool granite, letting his eyes scan over the page. Frustration rising inside me so I storm over and slap the file from his hand, placing my hands on either side of the surface on either side of him. As I box him in, his cold, stoic eyes glare down at me. "I want an explanation." I grit out. Our proximity causes those electric tingles across my skin. Those tingles that I can't explain and yet I crave them. Need them.

"Move." He spits down at me. That malice in his voice makes me flinch and that dreaded feeling inside me tells me to get out of his way. The anxiety controls me as I move my arms and taking a step back. The intimidation almost stunned me silent. Preventing me from getting the answers I so desperately seek. He collects the file from the floor and walks away from the kitchen. Why can't he just tell me what the fuck is going on?

With my mind now awake and alert, why the fuck would I stick around? I need to get out of here. I feel suffocated around him. I'm confused and anxious, with all these lustful feeling and intense arousal. I can't think straight.

I go to the bathroom, washing my feet from the mud. I notice there are small cuts, no doubt caused by the stones and glass from the floor of that building. I put on some socks and shoes before making my exit out the house. A few guards stand outside. I half expected them to stop me but instead they shot me a dirty look, like I was vile to them? It's like they were looking down on me. What had I done wrong?

"Does the Alpha know where you're going?" One of them calls after me but I ignore his question making my way through the woods. The branches crunch beneath my feet, the squelching of the soft soil can be heard as it sticks to my shoes. The soft breeze grazes my bare arms as I dodge the trees and make my way to the yacht, the walk is long and tiresome but I eventually find my way to the large boat swaying in the water.

"Take me back to the mainland," I demand. I expected the tall brunette to argue with me, instead, his eyes flick to my mark and he nods his head, indicating for me to get on board. I make my way to the bedroom, lying my body against the soft cushions. I'd grabbed my phone just before leaving, my screen illuminates my face with a soft glow as I scroll to find a particular contact. Blake.

As I hit dial, the hum from the rings sound as I wait for him to pick up. "Hello?" His voice blares through the phone. "Who is this?" He queries.

"It's Jackson. I need you to come and pick me up." I ask, my tone slightly begging as I'm desperate for him to say yes.

"Jackson? Where have you been? Since the lodge incident, no one's seen you. Are you okay? Are you hurt? Tell me where you are I'll come get you now," his tone is frantic and worried, but overall there's a relief from him. He's happy to hear my voice.

"It's a long story bro. I'm good though. I just need you to come get me and I need you to take to a bar so I can get pissed. Believe me, it's been a mad few days." I sigh. He asks for my location and agrees to meet me there. My eyes glance to the window now and again to see whether we're close to docking. My body relaxed against the silky pillows, enticing me into sleep. I resist and soon enough the boat rocks as we pull to a stop.

Blake's sleek BWM is pulled into the road, his cheeky smirk gracing his lip as he jumps out, enclosing me into a tight hug. "Good to see you, bro." He says. We get into the car the engine roaring to life as we speed towards downtown LA.

"We getting hammered then?" I say, wiggling my eyebrows in Blakes's direction. He smirks back, it tells me all I need to know. As a comfortable silence lingers in the air, I watch the trees and cars merge into a blur. My mind goes to the mark, tingles dance on my skin where it sits. Blake hadn't noticed, but I suppose what friend analyses every detail about you? I was relieved he hadn't mentioned it really, because what was I supposed to tell him?