Epilogue

Epilogue

Jackson Devor's POV

Two years. It feels like only yesterday I started trials for Alpha Fraternity. A promise of a changed life and fulfilled dreams, and here I am. A qualified architect, married to a sexy rich billionaire and a beautiful daughter. I have the home of my dreams, the man of my dreams and I run the business of my dreams. The Fraternity gave me everything I could have asked for and more.

"Hey beautiful, River's asking for you to play outside," Slater mumbles in my ear as I chop some of the vegetables for dinner. He pecks me on the cheek before grabbing the meat out the fridge. "You entertain her, I'll finish dinner off," he tells me, taking the knife from my hand and giving me a quick peck.

"You're so hot you know that?" I wiggle my brows at him and he shakes his head, giving me a soft smile as I turn to go outside. Slater had a park built in the garden for our spoilt little princess, a climbing frame, slides, swings, a round-a-bout, a zip line...there isn't anything she doesn't have.

"Daddy, daddy, daddy, push me, push me," she calls from the swing, erratically moving her body in an attempt to swing herself. Laughing and shaking my head, I move over to her and push the swing. "Higher daddy higher!" She bellows. She's beautiful. She's a spitting image of me but her attitude is exactly like Slater's. She independent, bossy and goddess does that girl have a temper on her.

I think it's the Alpha in her, it makes her more short tempered than the other girls her age. I'm worried it'll be difficult for her growing up. Short tempers always make friendships harder, especially if she keeps micromanaging them the way she does now. It makes the other girls scared of her, so she has far more male friends than female. Either the boys are better at handling her bossiness or they're so fascinated in chasing after her that they don't notice. Slater said it's something to do with Alpha women, some boys prefer to be on their toes than have women do everything they say, so they're more infatuated when they meet an Alpha girl. I thought it was stupid, they're only babies, but the more she's growing the more I see what he means...

I might be too overprotective. Slater keeps telling me she's find her own way but I almost want to be there every second to keep her from being hurt. That's parenting I guess. I'm always scared I'll do something wrong.

I look up at the house, the kitchen has sliding panels as doors and because the weathers so nice I thought it would be nice to open them up and let the cool air in. Slater's stood by the counter chopping the vegetables I'd been tending to only moments before. Even to this day I don't know how I managed to get such a perfect man. We still see Janet, only once a month now, but it ensures that we're both on the same page.

We used to see her daily because the first few weeks of parenting all we did was argue. The tiredness that a newborn brought combined with the fact that neither of us had any idea what we were doing just led to disaster. I'm too overprotective and I don't think Slater's protective enough. Whether our daughters an Alpha or not, it doesn't mean she doesn't need guidances through the vicious world we live in.

He's not a bad dad, not even close. He just doesn't want our baby to have the same childhood he had. Constant rules and responsibility. He just wants her to live before she has to deal with all that and I agree, I just don't think letting her ride a tricycle down a hill until she smacks into a tree is an acceptable way to 'let her live'...

He's an amazing man though and everything comes from a good place. That's why I married him. There wasn't a fancy proposal. More romantic than usual? Absolutely, but he didn't go overboard and honestly I was appreciative of that. I'd walked in from work, the lights were dimmed and I went to the kitchen to make a snack, he'd come in to greet me and giving me a kiss. He just did everything like it was a normal day. Then as I had my back turned to him, he got down on one knee and when I turned around, there he was. I had no idea he was going to propose, it just took me by surprise.