Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

Jackson Blake's POV

Jackson Blake's POV

As my eyes flutter open, the cold damp floor is still beneath me. My ears ring, my vision blurred. Am I alive? Am I a ghost? My eyes are unfocused but I can see a pair of dress shoes walk towards me, their figure otherwise distorted. I feel an arm grab me and pull me up, my body sways as I stumble to my feet. My vision regulates itself and as I peer up, my eyes move from their strong chest until they rest on Slater Devor's beautiful face. Now only stands the familiar faces of Slater's guard force and the man himself before me.

"Congratulations. You're officially an Alpha Member." His deep voice mutter down to me, his eyes peering down at me and scanning over my mark. I look I couldn't put my finger on gracing his face. My mind is still foggy and struggling to decipher how I'm alive.

"What the fuck just happened," I mumble, my words slurred in a low whisper that I didn't think anyone heard.

"A test. We wanted to see how loyal you would be to us. Even when blackmailed. We wanted to see if you would sell us out at the first opportunity." Samuels's voice rings from the other side of the room. I nod, my head still not quite registering what had just happened. I couldn't even conjure up the ability to get angry. Nothing felt right. Nothing felt normal.

Slater grabs my elbow, holding me upright, our body's brushing against each other as he guides me back outside. His gaze constantly flutters over the marking on my neck, the gold cursive is electric against my tanned skin, it looks like it's glowing against me.

As we reach outside, the sun is beaming down onto us, so much so that I almost miss how the people around us how as we step through. His Bugatti sits on the soft soil of the woods, its black exterior glistens in the sunlight. Slater pulls me towards it as my mind struggles to shake the fog, my body aching and sore, it's difficult to move. He opens the passenger door and I take a seat, my body gliding over the soft leather as my body groans at me. The door slams shut and before I know it, my mind drifts into sleep.

I drift in and out of consciousness as we move from the car to the yacht and back to the car. My eyes were too heavy to keep open for long.

As we approach the house, a guard in a dress suit walks towards us, his head bows to Slater before he opens the door. Why was he doing that? "Sir, the academy is asking about Mr Blake's attendance." He states.

"Tell them he will be absent for the next few weeks," Slater mutters as he continues to guide me towards the front door.

It's like this bolt of energy come from inside me and my mind cleared at his words. "What do you mean I won't be attending for a few weeks? I have to go to class!" I exclaim, my voice raised but my words still come out sluggish. I can't miss my education. I didn't pay thousands to come here and not walk away with a degree!

He didn't like that though because his grip on me tightened as if to warn me. "Watch your tone," he bites out, but doesn't give me any further elaboration on why I won't be going to my lectures. He pulls me inside, letting me go as we stand in the foyer. He then stalks off, disappearing through to the house. I groan in discomfort, trying to shake my clouded mind before chasing after him.