Chapter 9

ALYCIA

Dear Diary,

Six weeks. It had been six weeks since Elyza had ventured off to find her Arkadia. I had been without her for six weeks and it feels like my heart has been ripped out of my chest. What's worse is the fact that she had left without any warning, I just woke up and she was gone. Nothing left of her but a note telling us where she was going. She's taken the radio with her and Nick and Travis went out this morning to try and find another radio to try and communicate with her. To find out where she is. If the shop Elyza and I had gone to had been cleared out of walkers then they should find one there, I'd told them that. God I just hope I see her again. Annoying as she is, she's still the love of my life and God knows what I would do if she'd died.

Alicia stood up, stretching her legs after they'd gone numb from the hours she'd sat on the stairs, waiting for her soulmate to come back. She's been cooped up inside their building for two weeks now. Her mother feeling as though it wasn't safe for Alicia to go out anymore especially since her last incident with Travis in that corner store.

She made her way up the stairs and opened the door to the apartment she'd grown to know and love. Sad thing was, it hadn't felt like home. Ever since Elyza left the apartment had began to feel lonely. Especially with Chris and Ofelia moving into the apartment across the hall, and Maddison and Travis moving two doors down.

It was just Nick, Strand and Alicia in there. Maybe to the two guys it was home but to Alicia, home is where Elyza is. And right now she doesn't know where that is.

"Leesh," Strand called out from the kitchen. "Do you mind helping me out with tonights dinner?"

"Beans, Strand. Don't get fancy with it. We don't have the resources." Alicia muttered nonchalantly, walking into her and Elyza's room with Strand watching her as she did so.

This wasn't right. Alicia was going crazy, Elyza isn't immortal. She could get bitten or get killed by one of the other humans on the road or what if this Arkadia isn't such a safe haven. What if this is a trap?

Thoughts raced through Alicia's head, thoughts that didn't help at all. It was then that her saving grace entered that room being carried by a breathless Nick.

"Nick?!" She asked, about to yell at him for barging in without knocking before she saw the dark object in his arms."Shit..." She muttered staring at the radio. Nick just smirked in response as Alicia took the radio from his arms and placed it down on the bed in front of her.

"Where the hell did you even find this?" She asked, a frantic yet excited smile plastered onto her face as her eyebrows furrowed in concentration. Her mind raced through the dozens of possibilities now opened because of such a machine finally brought to her. She could find Elyza and she was jumping at the chance.

"There was a truck on the road and I was like, "truck drivers have radios right?" so I checked it out and Bob's your uncle." Nick's laugh faded out as he realised that his younger sister wasn't listening to him, her thoughts occupied by the newfound radio. "Ok, I'll just leave you with your new girlfriend." He muttered as he exited the room.

••

Alicia huffed in frustration as she ran her hand through her hair. "FUCK!" She screamed out as a sharp knock was heard on her door, a warning she knew all too well from her mother. Everytime Elyza and her would pull an allnighter her mother would knock on their door, a warning to tell them to kindly "shut the hell up"

Elyza.

Unsurprisingly that name returned to her head once more for the millionth time in the past six hours. She glanced at the clock on her desk.

3:56 am.

She'd been up trying to find the Ark's channel and she'd had no luck. She felt ready to cry, her eyes stinging from the tears that were ready to fall.

"Elyza, if you hear this... Please...." She tried once more before switching stations and bursting into tears. "Clarke? Princess?" She choked up, almost desperate.

"Alicia?" The hurried voice of her girlfriend send her both anxiety and joy.

"Elyza?!" She called out before hearing static once again. Was her head playing tricks on her now? Is that what it's come to? Is she going craz-?

"Alicia? Alicia Clark please tell me that it's you." Elyza sounded like she was trying to catch her breath. Was she running?

"Yes it's me oh my god. Where are you?" Alicia couldn't contain the laugh that came out of her. She wiped her tears away and swallowed the lump in her throat.

"I love you. I'm coming home. No! Fuck-! Pack a bag and get ready I'll be there in a few hours, we're leav-"

"Elyza?! Elyza Lex please answer!" Alicia growled in frustration and screamed. A few seconds. She was happy for a mere few seconds. Now here she was, pacing around her room as she hastily packed a bag with some clothes, a gun, her knife and her diary. She'd figured she might as well leave her phone behind seeing as it was dead.

Alicia threw her bag in the sitting room of the apartment and knocked loudly on each door waking everyone up. "Guys we gotta go! Pack a bag, we're leaving." She ordered as she grabbed Elyza's duffel bag full o weapons and grabbed a box, filling it with non-perishables.

"Alicia what-?" Ofelia and Chris walked out o their room with a tired look in their eyes, everyone seeming to sober up once they'd seen the crazy look in Alicia's eyes.

"Elyza- the radio- we gotta go." Alicia stuttered as she paced around the apartment, scaring everyone else out of their minds.

"Alicia what are you talking about-?"

"FOR CHRISTSAKES." Alicia yelled as she put a jacket on and stopped her actions."ELYZA CONTACTED ME THROUGH THE RADIO AND WE HAVE TO GO. PACK A BAG." She explained as she continued looking for essentials.

Within a half hour the group had heen fully clothed and ready to go."Alicia how do you know you didn't just imagine it?" Nick asked impatiently as they continued packing the range rover.

"Nick, she's coming." Alicia muttered, almost trying to convince herself. What if she wasn't?

"Alicia-"

"Wait do you hear that?" Alicia shushed him as she turned her head toward the sound. A motorcycle engine. No one else has that motorcycle, that motorcycle that sounds so familiar.

"All of you in the car, we're leaving." Elyza commanded as she pulled up beside Alicia who stared down at her with curiosity and longing in her eyes. "Alicia."

"Six weeks. Six. Weeks! Next time you run out on me like that and disappear for six weeks I will murder you myself you hear me Lex?!" Alicia sternly said, pointing a finger at the girl who laughed and shook her head as Alicia hopped on.

"I love you too babe."

••

A/N : I APOLOGISE FOR THE LATENESS AND THE QUALITY OF THIS. IM BACK. I HOPE. ILY GUYS.