Chapter 4

ALICIA

Life's... not too bad at the moment. Elyza and I have been going out for supply runs and I've learnt to warm up to the girl. She's not as bad as I thought she was but then again I've only known her for two weeks. Ofelia and I have also learnt to communicate. We've never really spoken before but I've found a friend in her, someone I can talk to. Maybe soon I may not have to use this dumb journal anymore. Lately though, I've noticed a pattern in my dreams. They all had me in some weird clothes, like a huge robe jacket thingy and everyone also wore ragged clothing, some even had war paint. Most of them had called me Heda, and spoke in another language. Strangely enough I understood it. The weirdest thing was they all had Elyza in it, I don't know what's happening but-

"Alicia, Travis is calling you." I heard Chris call from the hallway. I sighed and stood up leaving my journal and pen on the table.

I made my way out of my room and shook my head amused at a snoring Nick on the couch. I found Travis downstairs fixing a new door into the doorframe."Where'd you get that door?" I wondered. I mean it's not like you can order a new door online nowadays.

"Oh I took it from an abandoned shop across the road and Chris and I brought it back to fix it into the doorframe. Anyways that's not why I got you to come down here to talk." He wiped his hands on his oil covered shirt before sitting on the stair case.

I sat down beside him and crossed my arms. My mom probably got him to talk me about spending more time together or something. I sighed running a hand through my hair."Right, if you wanna spend more time together or some sappy shit like that, then fine. But I'm doing it for mom. Not you."

"Actually no, your mother has nothing to do with this. I just wanted to uhm, know something." He took a breath and I could tell this is taking a lot out of him to ask."Uhm, I've noticed the way you and Eliza have been interacting and I was just wondering if uhm-"

"If I'm gay?" I asked incredulously. How dare he bring me down here and ask me the stupidest of questions? We're in some big apocalypse where the undead have started roaming our streets and he's worried about me being gay? "Seriously? There are dead people walking around eating other people and you have the audacity to ask me that question. Fuck you Travis."

"Alicia!" I heard my mother yell out from upstairs. I wasn't surprised, my outburst probably attracted the entire walker population."What's gotten into-" She started but I brushed passed her and walked in my room making sure to slam the door behind me.

Elyza may be gay, but as far as I know I'm not. Sure, we've had a few moments but so have Ofelia and I. I sighed pulling out my phone and playing Everything Will Be Okay by G-Eazy. My speakers died on the boat and currently my phone is alive due to dozens of portable chargers we've found at discount stores and all that other shit.

"Oh the irony. Listening to a song when things aren't okay." Ofelia smiled and came in sitting by my side. "Now, what's wrong with you?"

"Travis has the audacity to ask if I'm gay during a time like this." I frowned fumbling with my sleeves. I mean truth be told... I just didn't know and I didn't have a definite answer.

"Well, are you?" She asked me. Should I tell Ofelia? What if she judges me? Isn't she like, really religious? I knew that I couldn't lose Ofelia as a friend, I'll have no one but that Aussie who thinks I'm gay which I probably am.

I took in a deep breath and shrugged looking at her as her smile grew wider. "Alright, listen Al. Don't think that we'll all judge you for who you are. We've known you since this whole thing started, if you do realise that you're lesbian or bi or whatever you want to be we'll all be here for you. And don't worry, I won't tell anyone."