Chapter 5

ELYZA

It's been a three weeks since the whole kissing event between Alicia and I. I've known well enough not to bring that shit up and I guess it could be worse. We haven't had a full conversation between us (mainly her fault but could you blame her?).

I couldn't be with her, at least not yet. I want her to know who I am and what we've been through first. I mean, she needed to know for herself and I don't want to force it on her, maybe then we can pick up from where we left off and actually be happy.

No more duties to our people, no more Bellamy to mess shit up, no more Pike to fuck up treaties, no more Titus to shoot every goddamn lesbian he sees by accident and no Azgeda to cut off lesbian heads.

I can tell she's close. I catch her staring at me sometimes to which I respond by winking at her and causing her to smile and blush but that's besides the point. The way she looks at me, it's the same way Lexa looked at me. The soft eyes with a hint of hurt and inner turmoil from past events.

God she was some ironic present from the heavens. Heart full of love and beauty yet forces to hide it from the world and forced to keep her love chained up like some animal for her people.

Alicia and I were roaming the streets once again, looking for food and resources. So far we have twenty water bottles, three cans of soup, a bunch of instant noodles and a duffel bag full of guns and weapons from the police station we raided on the outskirts of town.

"Hey princess, you know how to drive right?" I asked her hopping off my bike and eyeing up an alright looking Range Rover Evoque.

"Uhm I'm alright I guess. Why?" I smirked over at the other girl and I could tell that she knew just what I had in mind.

"We found ourselves a new car to bring home pretty eyes." I grinned excitedly waving at the walker in the driver's seat."Think he'll mind if we took the car for a spin?"

"Dork," Alicia mumbled under her breath before opening the car door and plunging her knife into the walker's skull. I looked over at her in shock and thought, damn what the fuck got into her and more importantly can I join?

"There, you got your car. If it starts." She muttered emotionlessly. I looked at her for a second and try to read what she's feeling but i couldn't. I clenched my jaw and decided to work on the car for a few minutes. Luckily the little bastard had his car keys on him.

"Right, you take this beauty back to the gang and I'll take my motorcycle." I told her, tossing the keys to the Evoque in her direction. It seemed simple, seemed like child's play compared to what we've been doing for the past few months. Then shit went crazy.

Alicia and I were driving down the road back home when walkers started pouring out from the buildings. I rode up next to Alicia and gestured for her to roll down her window. "Go home and get help, I'll distract the walkers so they don't follow you home!" I yelled over the wind hitting against our ears.

"No you'll die!" She yelled, her eyes flicking between the road and myself. I knew in that moment that no matter what she says, there's always going to be a part of her that cares for me.

I smirked at the other girl and threw the supplies through the backseat window. "May we meet again princess." I winked and swerved into an intersection shooting my gun as I go along. I knew unless Alicia could get home in time and convince them to help then I was truly fucked. "OVER HERE YOU LITTLE, NASTY BASTARDS!" I yelled getting off my bike and hiding it behind a dumpster just in time as the walkers came around the corner.

I headed up the fire escape and checked the windows for any sign of life that could possibly sneak up on me and turn me into one of those unfortunate souls. I shot as many walkers as I could and realised that I didn't have to do this shit. I could've went home with Alicia and most likely lose them on the way. I guess Lexa wasn't the only one who was extra.

I shot at the dumb walkers below me until my bullets ran out. I chuckled at the walkers trying to climb up the ladder, their rotting brains unable to process the fact that they're too dumb to climb the ladder.

I broke my way into the apartment behind me through the window and ran downstairs, praying that another walker doesn't pop up and try to eat my brains. I mean, I'm delicious but it's a bit extreme.

I snuck out past the walkers, crowding in the alley because their dumb little minds thought I was probably still in the building somehow. I ran back towards the apartment when I heard the familiar groan of a walker behind me.

I pulled out my knife and cursed inwardly when I stupidly tripped over my own feet and fell on the ground, dragging the walker down with me. I struggled to keep the walker off me and fumbled around for my knife which fell somewhere on the ground.

I let out a sigh of relief when I felt the walker stop struggling and saw it being thrown aside."Miss me princess?" I smirked up at Alicia who had a worried look on her face and looked like she'd just finished crying.

She pulled me up and I blushed, being caught by surprise in a tight hug. "Don't ever think of doing that again you idiot."

"Awe, you care." I smirked pulling away from her and I saw a faint smile making its way onto her face.

Then I realised how close I was from dying and thought about how unpredictable death could be. I could die any second and Alicia will never know how much I love her. "Fuck it." I muttered before leaning in and kissing her gently.

It's only been three weeks since I last felt her lips on mine but god, was it amazing. I smiled against her lips when I felt her kiss me back and wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her closer.

I frowned when I felt her pull away and she blushed looking over to the group of people watching us in shock. "Travis you owe me your switchblade." I heard Nick call out as Travis reluctantly gave him said switch blade.

"Hold on, you bet on us?" I heard Alicia exclaim and I chuckled kissing her cheek.

"Why do you think I asked you if you were gay or not?" Travis said while Maddison smiled at us both. "We should start heading back now."

And we did. Alicia and I never left each other's side that night. I found myself in Alicia's arms that night being the little spoon for once."Did you finally get to the bottom of that dream situation of yours?" I asked, my eyes heavy with tiredness.

I was worried I wouldn't hear her answer because I'd fall asleep before she could say anything. But I did."I did, I'll talk to you about that tomorrow. Goodnight Ambassador." I heard her whisper and I snapped up, feeling more awake than I have ever felt.