🌑🐤Nightwing/Dick Grayson🌑🐤

Song Request:

Say You Won't Let Go by James Arthur

Requested: chandlerismypuddin

A/N: Don't know if this is how it works (this is my first song request) by I'm only using certain lines from the song.

Say You Won't Let Go:

I met you in the dark

You lit me up

You made me feel as though

I was enough

Scaling the decrepit buildings of Gotham was never an encouraging aspect of the villainy gig. Each time the grappling hook shot out, a little more of the ancient buildings crumbled and increased the chances of plummeting to your doom when the cement finally gave way. However, as I ascended each building I never imagined that once I reached the peak of the fifth building would I find him.

Never did I imagine one persons disapproving look would affect me so. Never did I think I would question the fact that the jewellery sitting, snuggly, should be returned or never stolen in the first place. Never did I think that I would let my icy exterior melt away so quickly for those eyes. And I certainly never thought I was worth more until he showed me more to the sombre world we live in.

Then you smiled over your shoulder

For a minute I was stone-cold sober

When he turned, stolen jewels still on my person, he threw me a grin that cemented my plan to return the jewels. There were no words to describe what happened that night. No words to explain how he changed my minds. Changed my lifestyle. But he did find the words to warm my heart and clear my foggy mind. He found the perfect words that no other person could have strung together so flawlessly and elegantly.

I knew I loved you then

But youd never know

Cause I played it cool when I was scared of letting go

Even with those jewels back in their rightful place and no sign of disturbance in the sleepy burrow that they were taken from. Even with the change of heart and mind. Even with the guilt clouding my mind every time my fingers even brushed something I didnt own. I still stole, fear that if I stopped stealing, youd stop caring. Fear that if I stopped taking youd stop coming. And so my fingers guilt-full grabbed as I pleased and returned once your disapproving stare and caring smile had appeared.

I knew I needed you

But I never showed you

But I wanna stay with you

Until were old and grey

I needed you to tell me what I was doing was wrong. I needed you to brush your fingers against my cheek to wipe away the tears that fell from my guilt-ridden eyes. I needed you to smile at me with those eyes that never gave up on me. But I couldnt show you I needed you. Thats why I pretended to ignore your lecture when I was actually hanging on each word. Thats why I pushed your hand away with wet fingertips. Thats why I never smiled back. I couldnt show how much I needed you when I knew you didnt need me. When I knew you didnt think past that hour of that night when I was thinking about this same hour in sixty years when our looks have escaped out as well as our minds.

Ill wake you up with some

Breakfast in bed

After all those lonely nights, you finally gave me a piece of your heart and finally realised that you had always had mine. You finally kissed me like no other blue cladded man could. You finally showed me the true face behind that mask. You finally spoke the lovely words that was your name. Even though I giggled at yours, you grinned and told me mine was beautiful. You finally brought me into the warmth of your arms and showed me what it meant to be free. You brought me into your home and I returned the favour with some breakfast in our messed-up bed.

And Ill thank my lucky stars

For that night

Even though you tell me luck was on your side on that night we crossed paths, the truth is that my lucky stars were smiling down on me. I could never thank them enough for the gift that is you. You gave me everything I could never reach on my own.

Im so in love with you

And I hope you know

Without realising it, I fell so completely in love with you, I could never voice how much. You always tell me how much you love me and I hope you know I love you just as much. I hope you know I love you more. I hope you know you were my lighthouse in the murky, rough ocean that I was shipwrecked in.

Just say you wont let go

No matter how many years weve woken up to each others peaceful sleeping face. No matter how times weve shared a pot of coffee. No matter how many dates weve gone on. No matter how many I love you s are exchanged there is still a fear of waking up in a cold bed. So, baby, promise me. You wont let go.