🌊Aquaman/Arthur Curry🌊

Reader loves the ocean but gets caught in a storm and nearly drowns.

Ocean King:

The beach couldn't have been more beautiful. The crystal blue waves crashed against the golden sand as the warm rays of the sun beat down, slowly warming up my body. Children building sand castles and splashing about in the water as parents read books or fall asleep under umbrellas.

My (F/C) frilly bikini had a spot of sunblock on it from my earlier sunscreen session. So I walked into the ocean to wash it off.

"I'll be right back!" I called to my friends and dived under the water until I swam far out enough that my feet no longer felt the rocky sand. I popped my head out the water and my (H/C) hair made a sort of skirt around my shoulders.

I saw fish swimming below me and a fish swam around my waist and then swam off.

I floated on my back and realised as the strange noises the water caused in my ear relaxed me that I had floated out a bit far. The clouds were darker when I opened my eyes and the wind was bitterly cold. The water was chilling me to the bone and making my teeth chatter.

I shivered as the water temperature seemed to suddenly drop. This is bad. I felt the first few drops of rain but passed them off as splashes from the ocean. Then the rain got harder, starting to slightly sting my soft skin.

I didn't even see the first wave as it's mighty strength pushed me beneath the waves where there was no oxygen I could breath. I tried to fight my way to the surface but the water kept my below. After some serious fighting I broke free from the water but only to be pushed back down by an even bigger wave.

This wave gave me no chance to fight. I couldn't breathe. I wasn't sure what was up and down. And my vision was turning black. My body was going numb and my finger tips and lips turning blue. I felt my body seize up and slowly sink.

Oh crap.

I'm drowning.

Arthur's POV:

The storm had caused much ruckus for the smaller fish that got caught in the waves. I was, however, used to their complaining in my head. It was not until I heard one sentence that I hurriedly dethroned and swam out into the ocean. I listened to the words again:

Is that a human? I think she's dead. Too bad she can't breath underwater like us.

Yes, indeed too bad. I was swift in getting to the area where the small flounder fish were. The girl was slowly sinking as the life left her body. I wrapped my arms around her then grabbed her chin and kissed her lips. Pushing in oxygen that I was able to take from the water. Her eyes shot open and she started struggling but stopped when she saw me.

I swam back to Atlantis, giving her oxygen along the way but by the time we returned, her cheeks were bright red.

"Are you okay? Do you have a fever? Your face is red." Her face went even redder.

"Where are we? Am I dead?" I laughed and smiled at her.

"You are in Atlantis." A look of realisation passed her face then a large smile. It was very cute.

"You're Aquaman!" She grinned and I smiled at her enthusiasm. "Oh, I'm (Y/N)" (Y/N) put out her hand and I shook it gently.

"Nice to meet you, (Y/N). I will take you back to the surface now." A small blush dusted her cheeks.

As we swam to the surface, her eyes were wide as she watches the fish go by and so I sent a telepathic question to some dolphins to swim next to us.

I smiled as she slightly giggled. Once we breached the surface, I didn't want to let her go so once we got to the beach, no night time, I carried her to the road.

"Thank you so much, Aquaman." She blushed and kissed my cheek. (Y/N) walked away. Some people, I'm assuming her friends, rushed to her and hugged her while one put a towel over her shoulders.

"(Y/N)!" She stopped and turned towards me. "Would you like to get coffee tomorrow?" She grinned and nodded.

"See you here tomorrow, Ocean King." A huge smile came to face as I walked back into the beach.

Apparently a 'hidden gem' on Wattpad is about Sonic and Rainbow Dash's kids. 😐 Seems riveting.