♻️Green Lantern/Hal Jordan ♻️ Part 2

The Secret:
Part 2:

It had been one month since Hal broke up with me. It was okay. It was was difficult. Goddammit. It just plain sucked.

I was so used to living with Hal. He hadn't even come to pick up his stuff. I had a box of stuff he always left sitting in the hallway. Although we didn't live together. It was rare we weren't together.

Work was certainly interesting. Working with a bunch of journalists meant news travelled fast. My best friend, (F/N), had treated my like a thin sheet of melting frost. She never let me eat alone or get coffee alone.

I know it's horrible but fortune was on my side when she had fallen sick with the flu and wasn't at work. I could actually get a coffee without having someone 'hold my hand' through the process.

"Free." I sighed and ordered a coffee at a coffee cart. "Thanks. Keep the change." The coffee vendor gave me a appreciative smile.

"(Y/N)?" I turned and saw the women from a month ago. However, she looked scared.

"Hi." I smiled with a hint of worry in my voice. "What's the matter?" The lady sighed.

"I know this is strange but have you seen Hal?" I shook my head. My mood turning sour. Shouldn't she know where he is. "That is what I feared. It has been a month and he is yet to return." Her speech was a little strange.

"What do you mean? Return from where?" My voice was completely distraught.

"I think it is time you knew his secret but it is not my place to tell you." I cupped her hands and I saw she had to restrain herself from reacting.

"Please. You're scaring me." My voice was desperate.

"Very well. Let us find somewhere private."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~time skip ~~~~~~~~~~

The walk to my office was quiet and tense. I didn't even know this woman but she had thoroughly terrified me.

"My name is Diana." I closed my door as she started. Luckily I was the editor of the newspaper and I had my own office. "You would know me as the Amazonian princess, Wonder Woman." My jaw dropped and she removed her red frame glasses. As I stared, I saw the similarities.

"Wow." I was dumbfounded. "And Hal ties into this how?"

"Well, (Y/N), Hal is Green Lantern." My heart stopped and my eyes teared. Two years. He lied to me for two years. "He requested to break up with you before a mission that the Lantern Corps sent him on."

My eyes were burning."And he hasn't come back yet." A tear ran down my cheek and my breathing got quicker. "Are you okay?"

"Is he dead?" Diana wrapped her arms around me.

"We don't know." She squeezed my weaker body. "We just don't know."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~time skip~~~~~~~~~~~

That was a week ago. Diana checked on me everyday and (F/N) constantly asked me if I was okay. She could tell something was wrong.

I sighed and thought to the time I met Hal.

I was still a journalist at the time. I had been reporting on a new aircraft designed for the army.

Where the hell do I go? I thought as I walked around the base. Daedalus would have a hard time figuring this place out. I wonder if I-

My body slammed into someone else and  I fell to the floor. I looked up and saw a handsome man dressed in flying gear.

"Look at that. You're already falling for me." I blushed as he put out his hand. My much smaller hand slipped into his and he pulled me up with so much force I stumbled into his chest.

"Sorry." My cheeks burning red. "I'm such a clutz." He laughed.

"I'm Hal. Hal Jordan."

"(Y/N), (Y/N) (L/N). Could you help me find the directors office?" I blushed and took a step away from the handsome pilot.

"Sure this way,(Y/N)."

The rest is history

I rested my forehead against the cool wood of my desk."Where are you, Hal?"

"(Y/N)!" I recognised the voice as Diana's. "Come with me." Her beautiful smile enticed me and I followed without a second thought which was not easy in a pencil skirt and heels.

~~~~~~~~~~~~time skip~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What are we doing here?" I asked as Diana pulled me into the Justice League Headquarters.

When we entered I saw Batman, Superman and The Flash chatting. They all froze as they saw me.

"Umm, Diana?" All three stared at me. "Why am I here?"

"Show her." Diana glared at Batman when he paused but then fiddled on a screen.

"I don't know if anyone is getting this but we're on our way home. Finally." My heart soared when I heard Hal's voice.

"He's okay." I grinned and hugged Diana.

"I see you've found a friend, Diana." The Flash chuckled then everyone introduced themselves to me.

Meeting the Justice League wasn't nearly as exciting as hearing Hal's okay.

~~~~~~~~~~~time skip~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hal's POV:

Finally I was home. But that doesn't matter. (Y/N) probably hates me. My whole life. My whole future was with her.

I landed just outside the Justice League Headquarters and walked in slowly. My head hung low even though the mission was successful.

"I guess I better tell Bats what happened." I mumbled to myself.

"(Y/N), do you need a lift back to work? I can run you there." I heard Barry say in a playfully flirtatious tone. Then I heard her beautiful laugh ring out.

"You know, Flash. Girls don't like when boys are too quick." I started to walk quicker as I heard her voice. Was I hallucinating?

I ran into the room and as if slow motion she turned in surprise. Then a huge smile replaced it. I sprinted to her and picked her up, enveloping her in my arms.

"I missed you so much." I spoke softly into her hair as she wrapped her arms around my neck.

"I missed you too." She leant her head back and smile at me. "I missed you a lot."

I put her down and took her chin between my thumb and index finger. "I love you." And I kissed her. For the first time in over a month. I kissed the woman I loved.

"I guess my secrets out."