Chapter 13: The Scars of Ke'lemar

Chapter 13

The Scars of Ke'lemar

Looking off towards the distance, I knew that it would be a few days before we reached The Scars of Ke'lemar.  I didn't let it get the best of me though, as I knew that I would go through the greatest distances to take my revenge.  I remembered the horrible scene that nearly took my life, the sufferings of everyone around me, and the way the Dark Knight mocked me as he wounded me to the point where death was certain.  Revenge is my goal, and not even the guardians will stop me.

I am far stronger now than I was just a few weeks ago.

After several uneventful days of sailing, we reached a large cliff with a staircase going up it.  After Hunter docked the ship, and said "Don't worry about us sailing away.  These parts aren't nearly as dangerous as the Burned Islands." I nodded, and I walked off the ship with Trigger Happy, and Lightning.

After climbing the tall staircase, we entered a massive desert valley with bottomless chasms scattered all around.  "So what's the plan?" Lightning asked.  "Easy." Sparx replied.  "We kill some big bird, and get a pretty little gem."

"We have to find the Earth Temple first." I say.

"I've heard stories about The Scars of Ke'lemar, and how a dragoness fought in a fierce battle." Lightning pointed out.  "They say that she fought the Golems back when they were evil.  She was eventually killed by the Dark Master, but she went down as one of the greatest warriors of all time."

"Ooh, a history lesson.  how nice." Sparx said sarcastically.

"So where do we go Barney?" Trigger Happy asked.

I suddenly feel strange.  A feeling of drowsiness creeps over me, and before I could reply, I fell unconscious.

I woke up in the room where I met the Chronicler the first time.  "Well my friend.  It seems that you have gotten yourself into a mess." The Chronicler said from behind me.

"What do you mean?" I asked as I turned around to face him.

"The Scars of Ke'lemar is a dangerous place to reside in at the time." he replied.  "With the earthquakes, and the Wyvern activity going on, You may need to leave before you can find the Earth Temple."

"Are you saying that I should quit?" I asked in a worried tone.

"I am saying that if you are to go on, you must be careful.  An evil is spreading over this place, and it would surely hinder you on your quest.  However, the time has come for you to wake up.  I would love to tell you about the current events, but you have more important things to do.  Good bye my friend."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the short chapter.  Writer's block got to me.  Also, this book i no longer entered in the Watty Awards due to a lot of problems.  I need time to write this book, but don't worry.  A new chapter is on the way.  ;)