Chapter 51

Raidyn

It's so dark I can't see a thing. The blue flashes from my eyes and arms give way to her and her beautiful face. All I can hear is the sound of Byrd's breath getting shallow. She draws in a breath and slowly releases as I step near her.

"Raidyn, I-I-" she chokes out.

"Shh, little dove. Let's just enjoy this. Relax, I'm sure I'll leave you overly-satisfied, it's been months..." I am playing this overly confident, but I know all too well that it'll subdue her nerves.

She gulps, her eyes grow wide, and I grow harder, I want this now. I don't even care that I don't know our surroundings anymore. I grab a fistful of her hair in one hand as my other hand greedily runs over her body. I want as much of her as I can get. I crave the closeness we've been lacking. I love her in every way, but I love it most when we can spend our time like this. Her moans echo throughout the dark room and the sound of both of our breaths fill it as the tensions builds up and our kisses get rougher and sloppier. Gods, her hair's a mess now, but she still looks damn beautiful. I give her little shocks as my hand travels down between her legs. She's so ready and I know she's missed this as much as I have. Her head is leaned back and her eyes are screwed shut as my fingers work their magic and massage in circles.

"Raidyn, more." She whispers out, barely audible. Who am I to deny my queen her request? I finally drop my pants and fill her at the same time I lower my lips to her neck.

I wake up to Byrd moaning next to me. Shit. It was a dream and I must've sent my dream to her. I groan and roll on my side from my back to gently nudge her awake. I don't want to unfairly tease her. "Wake up, my queen. It was just a good dream of mine."

"You're the biggest tease." She groans awake.

"Sorry." I sigh. "It wasn't intentional, but we could always go at it for real if you want to just resign and lose the bet."

She grabs her pillow and puts it over her head huffing.

I swing my legs over the side of the bed and check on my two boys. Alanna is in the nursery with the two and instantly I'm glad it isn't Rosie because I'm in boxers and given the history...Alanna doesn't care and she'd never say anything. She's older and I trust that she wouldn't come onto me.

Riesner is actually up which means that Hollis is definitely awake. My boys. Looking at them is never tiring. He fidgets and grabs the rails of the crib to stand. I pick him up since this is what he wants and he seems content as I walk us over to the other crib.

"Raidyn, you can't always give Riesner what he wants. He is manipulating you without even having to use his power." Alanna scolds me.

"I can't help it." I guiltily shrug. Riesner begins to cry as he spots his brother in the crib below.

"Shhhh. If you keep crying like this I will put you back in the crib and I'm not picking you back up." I speak to him in a warning tone that I think he understands.

Ries continues to cry until I back away from Hollis so I do as I planned and set him back in the crib. "I wasn't playing around with you, son." I kiss him on the forehead as I set him back in the crib. "Alanna, Byrd should be over soon enough, she's just getting a couple more minutes of sleep before she's up for the day."

Alanna nods and I wave goodbye to return to my
chambers to get dressed. I have a meeting this morning with Duck in the library. Apparently, he as business to conduct with me.

"Hello Duckman." I greet as I enter the library dressed in all black as usual. My crown feels lighter on my head than normal, but it's probably because I had it cleaned yesterday. Duck is standing in front of a shelf, he probably has been placing books back while waiting for me.