XIII.

Ethan's POV:

"Ash, can I tell you something?" I asked.

"Yeah." She said, nodding her head, pushing her glasses up her nose.

"I can't stop thinking about us." I said, not taking my eyes off of her.

"What do you mean?" She asked, fiddling with her fingers.

"I mean that you never leave my brain. You consume my every thought. Everything about you attracts me. You're the opposite of me yet, we have so much in common. You are the girl of my dreams, Ashlynn." I admitted.

"Really?" She asked, barely above a whisper.

"Yes. You don't even realize how perfect you are. I get so defensive over you and you aren't even mine yet. Anytime anybody asks about you, I let them know that they don't have a chance. I can't stop looking at you. You are beyond stunning, nobody what you're wearing. I have been waiting my whole life for a girl like you." I said, standing up, taking her hands in mine.

"I don't know what to say. I feel the same." She nodded.

I didn't know how else to express how I feel to her so, I kissed her. This one was different than out first. It was filled with passion and lasted much longer. The way her lips tasted like raspberries, left me wanting more.

I stared at her a little bit, as she did to me. She's irresistible. I took her glasses off of her, placing them on the bedside table. I then, kissed her again, not wanting our lips to be apart any longer.

"Are you okay with us both sleeping here? I don't want either of us to be put out on the couch." Ashlynn asked after we pulled apart.

"Yeah, of course." I smiled. I secretly was hoping she'd let me stay in here with her.

"I'm really tired." She whispered. I nodded, turning the lights off as she crawled into bed, leaving room on the other side for me.

I laid in, getting comfortable, pulling Ashlynn against me, her hand on my chest.

"Ash?" I asked. I couldn't see her but, I could tell she was now looking up at me.

"Yeah?" She asked.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" I asked, my nerves racing, even though I had a good feeling as to what she'd say.

"Yes." She said, answering all of my prayers. I felt the biggest smile tug onto my face.

•••

I woke up in Ashlynn's bed but, she wasn't there. It kind of felt empty. This was only the first time we've slept in the same bed and I have already gotten that empty feeling.

As I was texting Grayson back, Ashlynn walked in. I smiled, looking up at her sleepy self.

"Good morning, Eth." She said, smiling brightly as I sat up.

"Good morning, Ash." I said, pulling her into my lap, kissing her cheek, causing her to blush. She's so damn cute.

"Drew's making breakfast for all of us." She said, resting her head on my shoulder.

"What's he making?" I asked.

"Pancakes." She said. I immediately picked her up bridal style, carrying her out of her room and rushed downstairs.

"Those are my favorites." I said, putting her down as we reached the bottom of the staircase.

"I can tell." She chuckled, while walking into the kitchen, where Drew was stood, cooking pancakes.

It may come as a surprise to you but, Drew is actually a pretty decent cook. It's mostly because whenever their Dad couldn't be home, he would have to make dinner for Ashlynn, Bryce and himself.

"Eat up." Drew said, sitting a stack of about fifteen pancakes in front of us.

"Where's Bryce?" Ashlynn asked, while putting two pancakes on her plate.

"He came in around five this morning, so him and whoever that girl is probably won't be up for a while." Drew chuckled.

If you can't tell, it's kind of a double standard with him. Last night, Drew was a little hesitant about me staying the night, even though he knew Ashlynn wasn't going to do anything with me. I sure as hell wasn't going to force her into doing anything. Clearly, he wasn't like that with Bryce.

"Oh." Ashlynn nodded.

"How's Cameron doing?" Drew asked, shifting his gaze to me.

"Drew." Ashlynn warned.

"What? I'm just a caring person." Drew said, acting offended.

"Okay." Ashlynn said sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

"Oh c'mon, Ashlynn, it's not like I'm trying to do anything." Drew scoffed.

"She's alright." I chuckled.

We spent the rest of the morning talking and laughing when Drew was being a dumbass. I looked at Ashlynn as she laughed, while eating her pancakes. My kind of girl. I still can't believe she's mine.

•••

sorry it's kinda short, i wrote this while i was at work lmao

please vote & comment!

love you guys sm!!

to my fellow americans: have a fun & safe fourth of july!! get litty

-s.k.