Taking a step back, he clears his throat, flicking his eyes up and down before turning on his feet and leaving standing there like a fish out of water. It wasn't long before he was returning, his cheeks burning red as a man with light ash blonde hair and strong features follows in suit clearly giving him an earful about leaving his post and dragging him over here. 

As he steps to me, his figure stand slightly taller than me and his brows are pulled together over his fierce and unwelcoming eyes. "Who the fuck are you?" His voice is deep, it rumbles across the woods and sends a shiver of fear down my spine.

Yet I kept my composure, and refuse to back down, keeping my low but firm tone and refusing to make a scene. "Jackson Blake. Samuel King right? You sent my rejection letter. Your decision is absolute fucking bullshit. There's no way on gods green earth I should have been rejected and I can tell you now there's no one in that crowd who's application was better than mine," I spit out, my eyes piercing into his and something flashes in his eyes as he stares back at me, dare I say, hesitancy?

Whatever it was, in seconds it disappeared without trace and that usual cold demeanour struck his face once more. He chuckles, but there's no humour to it as he takes a step forward, his nose almost brushing mine and it should have intimidated me, but instead it only fuelled this anger inside me. "Do you know how many pathetic little pricks like you stand at the edge of these woods each year? You're a fucking nobody. Your a loser. If I denied your application then it means you weren't good enough, so fuck off before I make you," he growl out, his words slashing at my confidence and I can only hope he doesn't see the pain they're causing.

I know that I should have walked away. A tone like his was enough to make a man cry. But this nagging in the back of my mind is telling me to stay. There's something about this place. Something that telling me I shouldn't leave. This strong pull that dragging me closer and I just can't seem to tear away.

As his warm breath rolls off my bitter cheeks, the smell of mint engulfs my nose. We're so close to on another that you'd struggle to fit a piece of paper between us. "I told you, you've made a fucking mistake, I want my name adding to the list," I bit back, my heart pounding in fear the hot-headed beast before me is going to lunge and tear me limb from limb.

A deep growl leaves his chest, low enough that only I could hear and that should have freaked me out. What person growls like that? But what happened after was even weirder.

His eyes glaze over and after a moments pause, he takes a step back as if he'd been scolded and a flash of shock and then confusion are strung across his face. When his eyes meet mine again, they're swimming with reluctance, a frustration buried in the scowl on his face whilst his body burns with rage. "You are one lucky son of a bitch," he spits out. "The Alpha's reconsidered your application," he hisses before taking a step closer once again, but this time gripping my jaw with his fingers in a bruising grasp. "In the 150 years this Fraternity has existed, not once have we ever had 201 pledges," he spit out, his grip tightening, causing me to wince as that familiar growl rumbled in his chest but it couldn't have matched the one that echoed in the air. No fucking way.

It was so fierce that the crowd became deathly silent, it's snarl so vicious that both Samuel and I flinched, yet he pulled his hand away from my face so fast you'd have thought that I'd burnt him. The eyes of the crowd flickered around searching for whatever made the noise as their murmurs hushed around the clearing. Their eyes peered over to us, but didn't linger as their minds were far more concerned with what animal had made the noise.

Samuel's eyes projected his fear as they skim my face like he was searching to see how much damage he'd caused. He looks spooked, unsure of himself and it's as though an entirely different man stood before me. He coughs, straightening himself before catching my eye again, "go, before I change my mind," he hisses, and I make no hesitation, brushing his shoulder as I quickly join the crowd who are still searching through the darkness of the tree line.