Intense competition (GregxReader)

'Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap.'
His fingers drummed against the wheel.
"I swear Greg I'm going to cut your bloody fingers off in a minute." Your day has consisted of abuse from Sherlock, dirty looks from Donavon and flirting from Anderson. All you did was admit that you and Greg went on a date. It wasn't a very serious relationship yet, although you had both agreed that you wanted it to go somewhere.
"Sorry (y/n)." He replied meekly. With a large, exaggerated sigh, you turned the radio on. It was (favourite/song). You sang softly to the lyrics for a while before the radio cut out to a different station.
"Greg Lestrade I was listening to that!" He ignored you and screeched at the top of his lungs.
"Baby you're a firework! Come on let your colours burst!" A smile worked its way onto your lips and your hand pushed the number '3' on the radio.
"You've turned this into an intense competition."

You had been stuck in traffic for almost an hour but it seemed like minutes. The two of you had been in the 'intense competition' and had switched radio stations quite a few times. Suddenly, a few familiar notes played as Greg turned slightly and looked into your eyes.
"And IIIIIIIIIIIIII will always love YOOOOUUUU!"
"You... You love me?" You stuttered, blushing.
"Yes (y/n). I do love you. I'll always love you." He quoted.
"I love you too." You whispered as he closed the gap between your lips.
A few seconds passed before the sounds of honking horns pulled you back to reality. There were no cars in front of yours.
"Oops." He muttered before stepping on the gas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey! How was it? Sorry that it was really short. I'm kind of rushing a little bit because I'd really like to enter this book in the Wattys. After the next chapter, I'll try to make them a bit longer. In fact, I already have a good idea that has a few different endings! Vote if you enjoyed it and comment what you would like to see next!
Bye for now!