Rise of Ren (Star Wars) by @SapphireAlena

Rise of Ren||Star Wars: SEQUEL TO _Star Wars: The New Jedi Order. 

Eleven years have passed since The Battle of Endor, and ten since The Battle of Jakku. With the discovery of _The Journal of the Whills_, an ancient book that records the early days of the Jedi Order, Luke Skywalker has rewritten the Jedi Code and eliminated some of the more recent additions to the Order's traditions, including excising the non-attachment clause. 

 Luke and Naluma find that the Jedi Code isn't the only thing that has changed. With the addition of Ben Solo to the Jedi Academy, what was once relative peace and tranquility on their hidden planet in Wild Space has now become a bastion for the darkside. 

 Meanwhile, the First Order bites off chunks of the New Republic, one system at a time, as Supreme Leader Snoke plans his ultimate take-over to liquidate the entire Jedi Order.

 This story picks up 18 hours after the end of _The New Jedi Order

Why you MUST read this novel:  

Rise of Ren delves into more than just a story line showing how Ben went dark. It is a character study of what happens when evil infiltrates good and how it can destroy all that it touches without anyone the wiser. - I think a running theme in your writing is using subtlety and simplicity to convey huge, complex, and raw emotions... 

Some reader testimonials: 

I think a running theme in your writing is using subtlety and simplicity to convey huge, complex, and raw emotions... (Olivia Locke) 

Here's what I've come to realize about your style - when I'm not told what to feel, I allow my own experiences to fill in the gaps. And woah, that's what made this even more powerful. I sympathized with Naluma. That nothingness she felt is a force in and of itself. That blank unfortunate emotional static is overwhelming in its vapidness... You know a line is good when it makes the emotions truly palpable. I'm angry. Genuinely angry. Awesome (LLMontez)

 I also liked how Naluma jumped back and forth between sadness and anger and despondency. The "stages" of grief really aren't as organized as they make it seem, so her emotional responses were realistic and contagious (catycage) It wasn't ever one emotion throughout the entire chapter as you really showed just how easily a word or two can make a couple turn from content to anger filled silence (lyssagirl 7686)

Again, it's really interesting to see Luke in a situation in which he is pretty much powerless... I think you've already made Luke into a much more vulnerable, more-human character in these two chapters than Lucas did over three movies (wandsawday)

 I think you've already made Luke into a much more vulnerable, more-human character in these two chapters than Lucas did over three movies (wandsawday)